LATER Slipcase Thread

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
BrianJamesFreeman

Re: LATER Slipcase Thread

Post by BrianJamesFreeman »

Ben Staad wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:41 am Ughh. Sorry you had to make that discovery.
Yeah, I would have preferred to discover how to turn lead into gold, but what can you do? ;)

Brian
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks for the heads up guys. Yes sizing will be such to accommodate all hardback editions (namely the s/l and I signed with two Dj’s plus broadart. ) Of course that means the overrun copies will fit as it only has one DJ.
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

Just chiming in. I'm glad to hear the hardcover slipcase will be similar to Joyland. Makes senses in my opinion. Anyway, when they come up for preorder let us know, I'm definitely ordering one for the hardcover. Thank you Tomas!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

allasorte wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:45 am Just chiming in. I'm glad to hear the hardcover slipcase will be similar to Joyland. Makes senses in my opinion. Anyway, when they come up for preorder let us know, I'm definitely ordering one for the hardcover. Thank you Tomas!
My pleasure! Just as an update I go the artwork in and wrapped it around existing slipcases. They looked pretty good but showed some minor tweaks that need to happen. I'm expecting this to be the last round of revisions and I hope they will be done by the end of next week. Then one last round of review and then the actual prototype.
kardiackids

Post by kardiackids »

Been a few weeks.
Just curious on the current status?
Thanks!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

kardiackids wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:06 pm Been a few weeks.
Just curious on the current status?
Thanks!
Yep, so the artwork has been tweaked to include the latest revisions. The bindery has put together the inner shell of the case and sent it over to the design house. They are doing some resizing of the outer wrap so that once it's wrapped around the boards it all lines up correctly. I'm hoping that will be done by the end of next week and I'll have the prototypes in hand the week after. At that point I can take some photos and get pre-orders up.

That's the plan anyway. Both companies are slammed right now, coordinating free time between them has been a bit challenging.
BrianJamesFreeman

Post by BrianJamesFreeman »

TheCollector wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:09 pmBoth companies are slammed right now, coordinating free time between them has been a bit challenging.
Printers, book binders, case makers... they're ALL slammed right now, it seems. But if this case is anything like your Joyland case, it'll be worth the wait for sure!

Best,
Brian
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

The below is what is great about this little book collecting community. Feel the love!
BrianJamesFreeman wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:57 pm
TheCollector wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:09 pmBoth companies are slammed right now, coordinating free time between them has been a bit challenging.
Printers, book binders, case makers... they're ALL slammed right now, it seems. But if this case is anything like your Joyland case, it'll be worth the wait for sure!

Best,
Brian
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Prototypes are in hand! Looking close there are a couple alignment type tweaks to be made but nothing that should hold up pre-orders any longer. I need to get some confirmation on production timelines from both the design house and bindery but I'll start working on a pre-order page with a full announcement and photos expected to go live sometime next week, exciting!!

Details, will come out in a dedicated newsletter.
kardiackids

Post by kardiackids »

Excited to see the final design.
I’m sure it will be amazing!