this form is looking for a new moderator

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

this form is looking for a new moderator

Post by TheCollector »

Hey guys,

With John passing away recently there's a spot open for a moderator on the forums. This isn't a big forum that gets hundreds of posts per day (or even month) so there's not a large time commitment. But I'd like to have someone with expanded roles Here's what it (mainly) entails.

- If a spammer makes it past all the automated countermeasures, delete the post and the user
- If a person posts in the wrong section, move the post
- If you see something that you think needs my attention and it looks like I haven't seen it, or I'm out of town etc, email me directly so I can get to it.
- When brand newly registered users post in certain sections, they require approval for their post to list. Allow them to do so if the topic is appropriate.
- (Optional) If there are questions you think you can answer when you check in, please do so.

The person should try to swing by the forums once per day when possible, most days you'll be in an out in literally a minute or two. In exchange you get a cool Moderator label under your profile!

If you're interested getting some expanded powers and helping out the site, please DM me.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: this form is looking for a new moderator

Post by TheCollector »

Thank you to those that have expressed an interest in moderating here, I really appreciate it. If you have a burning desire to moderate, there's still time to throw you hat in the ring. Please DM me by Sunday April 17th. At that point we'll consider the position closed and announce the new moderator(s)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

As of today, we have TWO new moderators. You know them as (drumroll please).......
:!: :!: Mulliens and Ben Staad :!: :!:
They're going to be a great additions here!!
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Thank you, Tomas. I am anxiously awaiting my forum moderator sash.

Seriously though I appreciate the opportunity.