It: The 25th Anniversary Signed Special Edition

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Mike Hanlon

It: The 25th Anniversary Signed Special Edition

Post by Mike Hanlon »

Hey all long time King fan first time poster. Actually just discovered this site so looking forward to going through some of the forums. As the subject header indicates I'm in the market for a copy of It: The signed 25th Anniversary Special Edition that was released by cemetery dance back in 2011. I see a few copies online that i'm eyeballing but also wanted to check this forum to see if there might be a copy available for sale. it's my first foray into the world of expensive signed editions so trying not to screw it up. thanks
gidfoley

Re: It: The 25th Anniversary Signed Special Edition

Post by gidfoley »

Hey Mike
It has become an extremely sought after book. The going price right now is about $700-800 USD. If you can find one for less than that you are doing pretty well. I recall seeing the ones on eBay at well over $1000. Copies don't come up at lower prices super often but if you hold out you might be able to snag one on a forum or from Facebook buy / sell group.

Edit: yea this was for gift ed sorry not signed
The signed copies could go pretty much for whatever people are asking
Last edited by gidfoley on Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Welcome to the forums Mike! If you're first timing it gift editions are a nice way to get started. Typically they have much of the production value of a limited (better materials, interior illustrations, cases, etc) but at a lower price point then the S/L.

For IT specifically the value of that gift edition over time took me by surprise for sure. No other gift edition with a similar print run has soared to this value. Betts is posting a new batch of books for sale on Wednesday you may want to see if a copy gets listed then, otherwise keep an eye on eBay and ABE.
Mike Hanlon

Post by Mike Hanlon »

Thanks gentlemen I appreciate the advice. I'm more of a dive into the deep end of the pool type. Decided if I'm going to pursue this I'd target my favorite King tale and make sure it was signed. Briefly considered looking at a random "signed" books on e-bay but even with a COA I'd always have my nagging doubt as the the signature's authenticity so decided an official signed edition was the only way to be sure. I actually came across two or three on abebooks with a price tag of $3-4k. Is this a completely irrational amount or about the market price?
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Hello Mike and Welcome

If I may make a suggestion on your quest for a S/L IT:

Cemetery Dance released an art portfolio of IT with 500 being the limitation size. A S/L IT with matching numbered portfolio is what serious collectors have gone after. In your search for the limited, you may want to try to keep the number 500 or below (if you can locate one). In doing this, you may be able to also find one of the art portfolios to match it for a coveted set.

Ralph
Mike Hanlon

Post by Mike Hanlon »

hey i appreciate mulleins appreciate that wasn't aware i'll keep that in mind