What did you buy or receive today?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
PL_Drafter

Re: What did you buy or receive today?

Post by PL_Drafter »

Noxus35 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:10 pm Thanks! And to consider i didn't even use my "real" camera for this shot, i'm going to use that one for the next book i receive. Especially if it's The Lottery or Bibliomysteries. 😉
Ben Staad wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:30 pm Nice photo skills as well. I can't take a decent photo to save my life (ask The Collector lol lol). He tried to get me to take a decent photo of a remarque I have but I don't think I ever was able to.
Noxus35 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:35 pm Thank you guys! :D
Make sure your phone, or camera, is set to the highest pixel rating it has and upload it that way to IMGUR.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Just bought this at DRP during the 4th of July sale, you've got to love 50% discount. 🙃
IMG_20200705_101647.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

I recently bought Neil Gaiman's Stardust from Lyra's Books and an AGE of Let The Right One In from Suntup Editions. 😉

In Paul's last live feed on Facebook, prior to the announcement of 1984, i noticed a Rubik's Cube on his desk and mentioned this on the forum as a possible hint for a future release. He did not answer nor reply to it but when he had announced LTROI he made it clear on the forum that the Rubik's Cube was indeed a hint.
The cube is fairly significant in that novel and he announced that i had won an rare red cover ARC (only a handful were made) of the novel because i had first mentioned it on the forum.
I will proudly add this to my collection when i've received it. 😉

In other news ; The Lottery by Shirley Jackson is on it's way to me as we speak. I expect it to arrive here today.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Finally! The Lottery has arrived and it has become a gorgeous looking edition, i'm a sucker for marbled boards but this one just captivates me. 🤩

You're finally home...

TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

That's a gorgeous book. One of the few times I considered buying a book just for it's looks. Congrats, that's going to look great on the shelf.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

TheCollector wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:17 am That's a gorgeous book. One of the few times I considered buying a book just for it's looks. Congrats, that's going to look great on the shelf.

Thank you very much! It's so much more gorgeous when in hands, it will grace the shelf with flair. 😎
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

It has arrived and it's a good looking ARC. 😎

TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Neato!

Did you see the survey to select which books Suntup is coming out with next? To be honest I didn't recognize most of them, I guess my literary tastes diverge a bit here. I was happy to see Kurt Vonnegut titles on the list though. Even though once again that would mean limited editions not signed by the author.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

TheCollector wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 am Neato!

Did you see the survey to select which books Suntup is coming out with next? To be honest I didn't recognize most of them, I guess my literary tastes diverge a bit here. I was happy to see Kurt Vonnegut titles on the list though. Even though once again that would mean limited editions not signed by the author.
Yes, i already filled it out. It would be cool to see Slaughterhouse Five get the Suntup treatment, Mark Lawrence was on that list too with the Impossible Times trilogy.

But i have to admit; the two all time (non-king) favourites that i filled out were 1) The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty and 2) A Stir Of Echoes by Richard Matheson.

Both authors are not amongst the living anymore but even if these editions are signed by other notable people i would still buy them.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

I did not buy nor did i receive anything today however, as you might know, Paul Suntup loves doing contests. And today's release of Neuromancer was accompanied by an easter egg contest.
"Hidden in the circuitry of the Lettered edition’s printed circuit board cover is an Easter egg. Click here to download a high resolution version so you may study it."
On this circuitry board there were a lot of different combinations. Mostly consisting of two letters and one number, i noticed each of these combinations had an underlining underneath one letter. So i scribbled all of these down on paper.

So i just started combining these letters into different things, until i eventually stumbled upon " Ad Astra" and thought; hey, i know this and out of the remaining letters i created " Per Aspera".
I checked to see if i had the correct amount of letters and i did.
So i had " Ad Astra Per Aspera" scribbled down on paper, which apparently translates to " Through Hardships To The Stars".

Not thinking anymore about it i submitted it, and after 4 and half hours later Paul announced he was doing a FB live feed because three persons solved it so quickly. He didn't expect this at all.

So i jumped on board and he announced that i was the first one to submit the correct answer within 53 minutes after opening the contest. He said " i don't know how you did it man, so quickly. But you did it, congratulations!

I'm so happy right now, i just won the grand prize, my first ever lettered edition and an unique rebound of it (see below) ! 😬
The first person to solve the puzzle wins a 1/1 custom rebound edition of Neuromancer. Using a book block of the Lettered edition, we will create a one-of-a-kind binding.
Last edited by Noxus35 on Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.