BCE - Carrie

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
cenobyte2020

BCE - Carrie

Post by cenobyte2020 »

Greetings,

This is my first post. I have been looking for the first book club edition of Carrie. I know these are not highly valuable however the price on a true first edition is too much for me. Can anyone provide the gutter code, or codes, for the "true" first BCE? I have ran across quite a few that are advertised as 1974 however are actually from 1990. My only criteria for obtaining this book is that it's from the year published (1974) with the original dj. Any assistance would be appreciated!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: BCE - Carrie

Post by TheCollector »

cenobyte2020 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:06 am Greetings,

This is my first post. I have been looking for the first book club edition of Carrie. I know these are not highly valuable however the price on a true first edition is too much for me. Can anyone provide the gutter code, or codes, for the "true" first BCE? I have ran across quite a few that are advertised as 1974 however are actually from 1990. My only criteria for obtaining this book is that it's from the year published (1974) with the original dj. Any assistance would be appreciated!
Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forums. I'm not aware of anyone with knowledge of identifying different printing of BC editions. Since they are not that valuable there hasn't been the effort given to delve into that level of detail...then again, there are a few folks here who might be able to shed more light on it then me know knows. In general, as BC editions are usually more of a placeholder for folks until they get a 1st edition, I would just make sure you're getting the smaller 8.5" version of a BCE instead of the larger 9.5" version.