Suntup Editions releasing 1984

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Suntup Editions releasing 1984

Post by TheCollector »

Man, another amazing project by Paul, he's making me really regret not picking up a lifetime membership back when they were offered. George Orwell's 1984.
https://suntup.press/1984?utm_source=Su ... 2b9d275f0a

Sale starts Saturday June 20th at 9am PST.

Of course it's impossible but (obviously) no authors signature on these. I don't know what else could be done other than sticking with titles where the author is still alive - maybe an author's child's signature - Anyway, I'll be picking up an artist edition, even though on such a classic title I am tempted by the limited, assuming any copies are even left at sale time.
Noxus35

Re: Suntup Editions releasing 1984

Post by Noxus35 »

I just bought the AGE, still not sure on the numbered though.
It looks absolutely gorgeous but the price is just a bit out of my league at the moment.
I still have time to decide if i'd like to buy it or not, people are already asking others to let them buy their numbered editions.

But i don't know, let's say that i'll pass on it; i'd rather want it to go public and give everyone the same chance to buy it. That only seems fair to me rather than selling it to one particular person asking me to sell it to him.

Anyway all three editions are absolutely stunning.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Love this book. I will certainly try and snag an AGE. Plus I am really digging the artwork on this one.

Any idea what time of day these will go live? I will be busy first thing Saturday morning and I don't want to miss out.

EDIT: I see it's 9 am Paul time. Really bad timing for me.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Emailed my book dealer and checking to see if they can hook me up. :lol:
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Ben Staad wrote: ↑Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:28 pm Emailed my book dealer and checking to see if they can hook me up. :lol:
871 still available, i imagine there will be plenty left by the time the public pre-order opens. πŸ˜‰
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Confirmed with my book supplier and they are reserving me a copy. Woot!

Now I can go and chill out Saturday as planned. Saturday is honey collection day for some of the honey bees. Think we will have 30-60lbs to mess with.
Noxus35 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:33 pm
Ben Staad wrote: ↑Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:28 pm Emailed my book dealer and checking to see if they can hook me up. :lol:
871 still available, i imagine there will be plenty left by the time the public pre-order opens. πŸ˜‰
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Congratulations Ben! 😎
I wonder though if this edition is going to be signed by Joe Hill, i know it's not stated as such but Horns wasn't either and they got Joe to sign it anyway.

Ben Staad wrote: ↑Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:16 am Confirmed with my book supplier and they are reserving me a copy. Woot!

Now I can go and chill out Saturday as planned. Saturday is honey collection day for some of the honey bees. Think we will have 30-60lbs to mess with.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I actually didn't note this one way or another. I am assuming it is. However I have a number of his signatures so I don't care either way. I would like one but it's not required. I just really like the book and artwork.
Noxus35 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:51 am Congratulations Ben! 😎
I wonder though if this edition is going to be signed by Joe Hill, i know it's not stated as such but Horns wasn't either and they got Joe to sign it anyway.

Ben Staad wrote: ↑Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:16 am Confirmed with my book supplier and they are reserving me a copy. Woot!

Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

18 numbered left and just a half hour to go until the public release.

@TheCollector: if you're going for the numbered edition; i wish you good luck! πŸ˜‰
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Well it looks like the AGE is about half way sold out. I actually thought these may be gone today. I guess I was wrong.

The cool thing is Camelot will have my copy and I don't need to pay until they are ready to send it to me.