D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Any questions related to limited editions
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Post by TheCollector »

TnTzDad wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:25 am I see this thread is quite old, and this question may have been covered. If I may, I'd like to inquire about the expected value of the AE remarqued books. I see that The Collector has acquired images of five known AE remarques. In the eyes of a collector, considering the story behind what was expected and what doesn't seem to be so, would any one of these copies be as sought after as a S/L?
Admittedly I haven't thought to look. Just based on what a small remarque (from an illustrator without many remarques out there) usually adds to the value of a book I'd ballpark guess an extra $100ish over the price of a non-remarqued copy. Anyone have a hard datapoint, ebay or otherwise by chance?
PL_Drafter

Post by PL_Drafter »

[/quote]

Admittedly I haven't thought to look. Just based on what a small remarque (from an illustrator without many remarques out there) usually adds to the value of a book I'd ballpark guess an extra $100ish over the price of a non-remarqued copy. Anyone have a hard datapoint, ebay or otherwise by chance?
[/quote]

I acquired mine last year from Betts. The seller was originally asking $1,200 but made me an offer on the side because he was in dire need. I've not seen any on the market since.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Are there enough of these actually out there to have a realistic price evaluation?

EDIT:

FWIW it would seem like David at Betts should have a pretty good idea on the price of Whelan remarques.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ben Staad wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 pm Are there enough of these actually out there to have a realistic price evaluation?

EDIT:

FWIW it would seem like David at Betts should have a pretty good idea on the price of Whelan remarques.
Agreed, he would be the one to set the price. If you get one from him share it here.
PL_Drafter

Post by PL_Drafter »

TheCollector wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:11 pm
Ben Staad wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 pm Are there enough of these actually out there to have a realistic price evaluation?

EDIT:

Agreed, he would be the one to set the price. If you get one from him share it here.
I'm in frequent contact with David. I sent an email and will update when I hear back.
PL_Drafter

Post by PL_Drafter »

From David: "Depends on the remarque…The ones he did of Man in Black would sell for higher…Like $1500."