The Stand

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Relsamalihy

The Stand

Post by Relsamalihy »

I have a copy of The Stand with a gutter code T 29 and the price on the dust jacket is 15.95 . This is the first version that came out , not the uncut version. Does anyone know what printion this is?
mulleins

Re: The Stand

Post by mulleins »

I could never figure out the later printings from Doubleday. A first edition The Stand has $12.95 on jacket and states FIRST EDITION (in uppercase) on the copyright page.

Mulleins
SafeInTheFire

Post by SafeInTheFire »

I'm looking at a copy of the "uncut" 1990 edition. It is first but has the price clipped. What are you takes on that? I'm just curious. It's over all in great condition. And I think it'll be the closest my wallet and I will ever get to the 1st edition hardback.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

The Stand Uncut 1990 1st edition is easy to get for a few bucks. There are over a million of them!
Abby

Post by Abby »

Yes I’m confused about this as well! I found a first edition of The Stand (NOT the 1990 uncut) sell for $245. Seller says it’s the 14th printing of the first edition, I don’t know how they’re determining that and if it makes the book less valuable? New to collecting so let me know your thoughts.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Abby wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:45 am Yes I’m confused about this as well! I found a first edition of The Stand (NOT the 1990 uncut) sell for $245. Seller says it’s the 14th printing of the first edition, I don’t know how they’re determining that and if it makes the book less valuable? New to collecting so let me know your thoughts.
When collectors say "1st edition" they really mean "1st edition/1st printing" a 1st/14th would be worth less than a 1st/1st.