Legacies

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Stevenemo86

Legacies

Post by Stevenemo86 »

I’m contemplating purchasing a copy of legacies by cemetery dance off the secondary market. I’ve always wanted a copy of the book so interest isn’t a concern I guess my question is value. I’ve read somewhere that these limited edition compilation books tend to decrease in value over time. With the limited print run it’s hard to gauge what a fair price is. Anything under $500 seem reasonable?
mulleins

Re: Legacies

Post by mulleins »

Over the years I've seen anthologies gain, drop, gain, etc. I personally love limited edition anthologies and the many signatures you gain in your collection when purchasing one. To answer your question....that book hovers between $375-425. Don't go higher.

Mulleins
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

The lettered Legacies only costs $600. Lettered QQ sold at Betts recently for $550.
Stevenemo86

Post by Stevenemo86 »

That was a good deal. Betts has one on there now but it’s $599. It’s not lettered either it’s numbered
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Yes that has been there for a long time. It doubt it will sell at that price.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

You could reach out to David and see if he's willing to drop the price since it's been there for a while. If it's on consignment he'll need to check with the seller.
Stevenemo86

Post by Stevenemo86 »

Thanks for all the advice and info. Always nice being able to check with you guys before I buy something. I found a copy on eBay for $400. Pretty excited. Also glad I didn’t have to wait for it like you guys did when it came out. I was reading an old thread on here. Did it really take 10 years for you guys to get this?!?! Were people upset about the wait time on this as it was going on?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

People were very upset. They started a thread on thedarktower.org to complain about CD taking years to release books. They are starting to get lots of complaints again right now.
Stevenemo86

Post by Stevenemo86 »

Yes I currently am waiting on 2 from them that I have given up hope that they will be sent out by end of 2020. I haven’t been involved in the limited collecting game for long but I buy from a lot other small press companies and none of them run even close to the delay times CD does.