Eyes of the dragon limited

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Stevenemo86

Eyes of the dragon limited

Post by Stevenemo86 »

So I got into this bidding war at this estate sale and may have got a little too carried away. I was bidding on the lot in the link below. There are some nice first editions included but the one that really caught my eye is what I think to be the eyes of the dragon limited edition. It’s out of state so I haven’t seen it in person but I appears to still be in the shrink wrap? Is that something you see very often? I just ask because every copy I see online is not in shrink wrap.in fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in wrap. I guess I just want to get an opinion on if what I won is actually what I think it is. If it is I think I got a deal because the lot was $395. If it isn’t I’m a idiot who pissed away $395 and I’ll go run in traffic

http://server9.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?garths/43
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Re: Eyes of the dragon limited

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

I have never seen TEOTD shrink wrapped & if it turns out that the Limited is in great shape you made a GREAT DEAL just on THAT book alone.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The s/l Eyes was not shrinkwrapped. This one was done afterwards.

John
Stevenemo86

Post by Stevenemo86 »

I normally wouldn’t have gone and done that without seeing a book in person but it seemed like a opportunity I couldn’t pass up. I’ll let you guys know how it turns out and what I actually ended up getting. If it ended up being what I thought it was
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I'm sure it is the s/l edition, but I wonder about the condition.

John
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Dependent on condition I think you have yourself a great purchase. Hope it looks great when you receive it.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Even a less than great condition S/L EOTD would be worth more than $395. Definitely interested to hear how it worked out for you!
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I'm interested in an update and hopefully great news.
TheCollector wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:41 pm Even a less than great condition S/L EOTD would be worth more than $395. Definitely interested to hear how it worked out for you!
Stevenemo86

Post by Stevenemo86 »

Well I have an update to the story finally and drumroll please...... it’s not god. Lol

So the lot of books was shipped Monday something like 45 total books. The guy packed it all in one box which I didn’t appreciate. 78 pounds of books doesn’t travel well come to find out. Anyways the package arrived yesterday. Unfortunately 7 books that we’re listed in the lot were not in the box, and what do you know, the eyes of the dragon was one of them. I called the seller to inform him that it was missing and he said he didn’t understand he shipped it with the rest of them. He said he’s look around the shop and get back to me. He called me back today and said he couldn’t find it and was sorry. He asked if I wanted to keep any of the other books. I declined, there are some nice first editions but nothing I don’t already have or want. I just said I want refunded cost plus shipping and I’ll send the books back.

I mean my obvious opinion on what happened is that this auction house realized what he had after I bid on it and he just decided to sell it to get more money. Call me cynical but I don’t have much faith in humanity. Haha.

Needless to say I’m pretty bummed out. I’m a relatively new king collector. I have a lot of first editions and some nice collector editions but this would have been like the coolest thing I had for sure. Oh well it’s a lesson learned I guess. I’m sure you have all had similar situations where you got your hopes up only to be let down.

Anyways thanks again for all the advice and opinions. Back to the grind!
Stevenemo86

Post by Stevenemo86 »

For those wondering it’s Garths auction house in Florida. That’s where I got it from