Blockade billy 1st edition remarque

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Stevenemo86

Blockade billy 1st edition remarque

Post by Stevenemo86 »

Hello,

I recently came across a blockade billy first first Remarque by Mcvey. Not knowing anything about Remarque editions I thought I’d ask you all. Does the Remarque add any value to the first edition?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Blockade billy 1st edition remarque

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I have lots of books with "remarques" in them, but I wouldn't pay any extra for them.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Many collectors will pay extra for a remarque, especially if the artist was involved with the book.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jhanic wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:45 am Many collectors will pay extra for a remarque, especially if the artist was involved with the book.

John
This

A lot of it depends on the artist doing the remarque, how elaborate it is, and if they were the illustrator of the book. As a general rule of thumb for someone to have a remarque done in a book it'll set them back anywhere from $100-$200 and when they go to sell they can recoup most if not all the cost.

Again this is a general guide for the majority of the remarques out there but well known artists with very few remaques done ( Michael Whelan, as one example) would command significantly more.