Dark tower 2, 3 and 4

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Stevenemo86

Dark tower 2, 3 and 4

Post by Stevenemo86 »

Just starting out collecting and am basing alot of what I buy on values I see on this site. Has anyone else noticed that the going rate for dark tower 2, 3 and 4 is extremely high right now? It's hard to find a copy under 150 at the moment. I know Wizard and Glass has always been valued a little higher but wastelands and drawing of the 3 are right up there with it now. Is this a recent development or has it been like this for awhile?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Dark tower 2, 3 and 4

Post by TheCollector »

So, You're right Wizard and Glass has always been higher than The Drawing of the Three and Wastelands, but Wastelands especially has been on the upswing. If DT3 will be a sustainable price remains to be seen. But I'm expecting when I do my next price revision on DT3 it'll go up considerably. (And thanks to the feedback of the members here I'm going to start including dates for the last time I've adjusted pricing - this will likely start going into effect late fall/ early winter)

Drawing of the Three however, was available at my local bookstore 30 years ago for $75 and can easily be found for roughly the same price now. If you check the buying page there are multiple sellers with DT2 available for $85 or less. https://www.stephenkingcollector.com/bu ... 2-buy.html
Stevenemo86

Post by Stevenemo86 »

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm just confused as to why I see so many varying prices. I know condition determines value but I'm seeing alot of guys posting DT3 fine condition for like above $200 but then I'm finding other copies at like $75-$85 in basically the same condition. Is it just a case of owners way over valuing their copies or am I missing something. Like I said before im new to collecting so maybe I'm naive. Lol
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Stevenemo86 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am Thanks for the info. I guess I'm just confused as to why I see so many varying prices. I know condition determines value but I'm seeing alot of guys posting DT3 fine condition for like above $200 but then I'm finding other copies at like $75-$85 in basically the same condition. Is it just a case of owners way over valuing their copies or am I missing something. Like I said before im new to collecting so maybe I'm naive. Lol
Hey Steven sorry for the late reply. Yeah there's a lot of folks posting for higher than actual values. That's why the site is here to give a frame of reference.