Let's get to know each other a little

adrien.sauvageon

Re: Let's get to know each other a little

Post by adrien.sauvageon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:04 am

Hi, I first want to thank you for this wonderful website, thanks to you I can now now know how to test the authenticity of a SK book :D . It BLOWS :shock: my mind that you created this whole website out of good intentions without geting anything in return, so thanks again.
I'm 13 years old and I was born in San Fransisco, I moved to Paris when I was 3 years old getting a strict french education. I started reading for pleasure when I was 10, reading all the Harry Potters, I then stopped reading a lot until 2 years ago. One day while I was the Library I wondered how a book could be scary, I went to the english section and picked the first Stephen King book I saw. The book was Revival, I read and enjoyed it, making me pick up another book, this one was Mr. Mercedes. I started my Stephen king collection about 3 months ago, I now have 31 hardcover first edition (or first edition cover). The Books are: Carrie, Salem's lot, The Shining (I also have a paperback), Night shift, The Stand (The Cut and the Uncut edition), The Dead Zone, Firestarter, Different Seasons, Christine, The Talisman, Thinner, The Eyes of the dragon, Misery, The Dark Half, Four Past Midnight, Insomnia, Nightmares and Dreamscaped, Desperation, The regulators, On writing, Dreamcatcher, Black House, Everything's eventual, Cell, Joyland, Doctor Sleep, Revival, The bazaar of Bad dreams, elevation. And I hope The Institute :). Thanks for this great site and bye!

TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Let's get to know each other a little

Post by TheCollector » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:49 am

adrien.sauvageon wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:04 am
Hi, I first want to thank you for this wonderful website, thanks to you I can now now know how to test the authenticity of a SK book :D . It BLOWS :shock: my mind that you created this whole website out of good intentions without geting anything in return, so thanks again.
I'm 13 years old and I was born in San Fransisco, I moved to Paris when I was 3 years old getting a strict french education. I started reading for pleasure when I was 10, reading all the Harry Potters, I then stopped reading a lot until 2 years ago. One day while I was the Library I wondered how a book could be scary, I went to the english section and picked the first Stephen King book I saw. The book was Revival, I read and enjoyed it, making me pick up another book, this one was Mr. Mercedes. I started my Stephen king collection about 3 months ago, I now have 31 hardcover first edition (or first edition cover). The Books are: Carrie, Salem's lot, The Shining (I also have a paperback), Night shift, The Stand (The Cut and the Uncut edition), The Dead Zone, Firestarter, Different Seasons, Christine, The Talisman, Thinner, The Eyes of the dragon, Misery, The Dark Half, Four Past Midnight, Insomnia, Nightmares and Dreamscaped, Desperation, The regulators, On writing, Dreamcatcher, Black House, Everything's eventual, Cell, Joyland, Doctor Sleep, Revival, The bazaar of Bad dreams, elevation. And I hope The Institute :). Thanks for this great site and bye!
Welcome! I suppose it was a little selfish. Back in 2000 when I was just starting to get into collecting I wanted a place where I could find more info on all these rare SK books I was learning about. Since there wasn't anything out there I decided to make it. Of course the site back then was not only basic in terms of design,(you can see an old archive here) but also missing a ton of content.

Fortunately for me (and everyone) other collectors found the site and stepped in big time to help fill the huge gaps of content and share there info to benefit the site and everyone that comes to visit. Sure I keep it current but it is definitely a group effort. Even to this day.