The Shining (Luitingh-Sijthoff dutch, limited to 750)

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
Noxus35

The Shining (Luitingh-Sijthoff dutch, limited to 750)

Post by Noxus35 »

So , yesterday i stumbled upon this dutch (my native language) limited edition hardcover of The Shining by Luitingh-Sijthoff .
It's limited to 750 copies , i won't expect it to become valuable in time but if only 750 were made it's good enough for me.

Now normally i don't read novels in my native language but i found myself getting excited to buy this one, so after long consideration i placed the order.
It's pretty cheap to be fair, you can find it between 30 and 70 euro's.

The book is in transit as we speak, but what do you all think of these pictures ?

The artwork was made by the polish artist Krzysztof Domaradzki.
470517.jpg
9200000079579088.jpg
6TcMxcxR5ZNplar6vgpd.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: The Shining (Luitingh-Sijthoff dutch, limited to 750)

Post by TheCollector »

Wow that's pretty unique, thanks for sharing! Is there a limitation page? Probably not signed by King either way right?
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

That's exactly what i was wondering if there would be a page stating that this is copy ??? of 750...

But can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet in the description, not signed by King though otherwise it would've been stated and the price would be a lot higher. 😉

When it arrives i'll check for a limitation page, i have found though that this copy did only sell 370 copies on its initial release and the publisher recently dropped the price substantially to break even.
They also stated that in the future they will think before releasing such edition, also this was produced in 2017 celebrating King's 70th birthday.

I am so hoping for a limitation page now. 😁
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

It's not a numbered edition as expected but at the top of the copyright page it says "this edition of the Shining has been published in a limited edition of 750 copies."
20190823_063204.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.