Who's read all of King's books?

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
Philsy

Who's read all of King's books?

Post by Philsy »

Hi there,

Newish user here. Just wondering how many people here have read every single one of King's books. I set out on a quest to fill in all the blanks in my King reading list a few years ago and it was really satisfying to get completely up to date (I'm a bit behind now because I haven't read The Outsider or his story in Flight or Fright yet). I'm hoping to read The Outsider before The Institute comes out, but I'm actually in the middle of a re-read of The Wind Through The Keyhole right now. I decided to try to read it a different way this time. I read the front story of Roland and his Ka-Tet first, then The Skin Man, and now I'm a little bit into The Wind Through The Keyhole (Tim's story).

Cheers,
Phil
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Who's read all of King's books?

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I've read all of King's books many times for some. I've also read every short story and most of the unpublished ones.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I also have read all of King's works just like Mr Rabbit Trick, including the rare ones like The New Lieutenant's Rap and the three editions of The Plant.

John
amd013

Post by amd013 »

I've read all his books that have been mass published, but not his rare ones like New lieutenants Rap or the Plant, or his short stories that have not been collected (with a few exceptions). Also haven't read any of his non-fiction, like essays and reviews and introductions, other then Danse Macbre, Faithful, On Writing and Hearts in Suspension.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

amd013 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:21 pm I've read all his books that have been mass published, but not his rare ones like New lieutenants Rap or the Plant, or his short stories that have not been collected (with a few exceptions). Also haven't read any of his non-fiction, like essays and reviews and introductions, other then Danse Macbre, Faithful, On Writing and Hearts in Suspension.
Same
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Certainly haven't read his non-fiction. I have a bootleg of The Plant and have even read some of his college day works. However I don't think I have read everything.

One day I am hopeful to read every single thing he wrote in others high-school yearbooks. :)
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Why do you call your version of the Plant a bootleg?
The 6 parts of The Plant were given away free on the Stephen King website.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I agree with Mr RT. It's an official King publication.

John
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I bought a copy which looks like a POD book. I believe I purchased it through Ebay. I think technically that would be considered a "bootleg" since, and I'm guessing here, that it was sold without proper permissions.

That being said I do understand what both you and John are saying.

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:14 pm Why do you call your version of the Plant a bootleg?
The 6 parts of The Plant were given away free on the Stephen King website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Yeah back in the day some folks printed out the free copies, some even bound them in various ways, and then sold them on eBay, I think the fact that it was sold for a profit is why Ben's calling it a bootleg