Let's get to know each other a little

lisalacy23

Re: The Institue Giveaway!

Post by lisalacy23 »

Hello, This is the first time I've ever tried anything like this. I am a avid Stephen King fan since the early 80's, I lived in Florida all my life until 12 years ago I moved to Virginia. I have been a bartender/ server all my life and actually enjoy it. The money isn't that bad either but I think some people need to learn what tipping is all about. You know, it's not just for cows anymore! I have a strange sense of humor and I LOVE to make people laugh as well as I love to laugh too. Nice to meet ya! Talk again soon I know!
Pawskin

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Pawskin »

Long days and pleasant nights-
My name is Patrick and I'm from Lincoln Nebraska. I started reading SK when I was fifteen and did a report on him as a sophomore in high school. I have been reading and collecting ever since. I am 52 now still absorbing his books. I have a boy who is 22 and he also reads King.
aryanmom

Re: Let's get to know each other a little

Post by aryanmom »

Hi...I'm a recent user to the forum. How do I post something new? I can't find the link on the forum page. Thanks tomas....aryanmom :?:
aryanmom

Post by aryanmom »

Hi, I'm a 63 year old super SK fan and avid collector. I have most of Mr. Kings books (except the hard to find at a reasonable price ones) and have 51 signed copies as well. I live in So. Cal. with my husband and the rest of my brood. I am in the middle of rereading The Dark Tower, which I have in paperback, hardcover & audio. Just love it. Can't wait for the new book, loved the Outsider a lot. Love Joe Hill as well, and am awaiting a new book by him as well. Thanks for listening.......Aryanmom...( my daughters name is Ryan)
Philsy

Post by Philsy »

Hi, folks!

My name is Phil and I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I'm originally from Ottawa, which is where I first discovered King in the mid-80s. I started with Different Seasons (specifically Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption and The Body), Thinner, and Skeleton Crew. I have read every single one of his books, aside from The Outsider and Hearts in Suspension. I've read The Dark Tower series multiple times (just started The Wind Through The Keyhole for the 2nd time). My favourites are The Stand, It, Blaze (yes, really-- have you read it?), and of course The Dark Tower.

Cheers,
Phil
dnemec

Post by dnemec »

I am originally from Pennsylvania, but now live near Charleston, SC. I am still mourning my 40th birthday (and rapidly approaching 41). I started reading my mother's BOMC copies of King's early titles around 11-12 yrs old because I had a high reading level and I was already showing signs of being weird. Fast forward 20 years and thanks to the continuous growing of my weirdness and a pretty decent income, I began collecting. And collecting. And collecting. I work from home in an office surrounded by King books, King art, and all types of King ephemera. I collect other of my favorite authors as well and I read a lot. Thankfully my boyfriend of 16 years tolerates all this and let's me do my own thing. He's even gone with me to hear King speak twice!
kjordan

Post by kjordan »

Hello from Vail Arizona! I am 53 years old and have been a Stephen King fan for about 30 years now. My favorite books are The Stand and the Dark Tower series! I have 10 year old red headed triplets at home along with my wife and 2 dogs. Its hard to find time to read these days but I still manage to read a book or two each month. The last King book I read was "The Outsider" which I thought was great!, and I am really looking forward to The Institute coming out!
gonjac1217

Re: The Institue Giveaway!

Post by gonjac1217 »

Hello from Texas, my name is Jackie, and I've been a SK fan since middle school. I own most of his library and love it. Would love to have this one to add also.
SherlockCMC

Post by SherlockCMC »

Hi! I am 29 and live in Utah with my husband and my two dogs, Roxy and Thor. They are both amazing dogs and I love my husband! My husband and I am getting ready to welcome our first baby in December and she’s adorable! I am a TA and part-time editor. I read a lot for fun and consider Stephen King among the greats in my collection. My husband even decided to propose using a Stephen King book! My favorites are Night Shift, Sleeping Beauties, and the Green Mile. I would love to get to know others who enjoy reading King’s style and his love of horror!
smetty

Post by smetty »

Hi. I'm from NY, just outside the Capital city. Been an SK fan since high school. It was my first SK novel I'd read. Retail worker here. Like to read (duh), play video games movies, music etc... This so feels like I'm filling out a dating website profile lol.