RAREST 1ST EDITION CREEPSHOW.

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
CHEROKEEBRUCE

RAREST 1ST EDITION CREEPSHOW.

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

RAREST 1ST EDITION CREEPSHOW PERMA-BOUND EDITION.
With your normal PERMA-BOUND edition of books the cover of the book is mounted on stiff boards & then in-cased in plastic & a PERMA-BOUND sticker is added to the cover as with this SPACE 1999 paperback.
ImageImage
NORMAL 1ST EDITION.
ImageImage
1ST PERMA-BOUND EDITION Note pink edge. There is no ridge between the cover & the pink edge also the PERMA-BOUND is printed right on the cover (Not an added on sticker).
Back cover Note color difference, Lack of ISBN# lower left & missing price upper right. The cover for this edition was printed for PERMA-BOUND.
The only thing printed on the spine is CREEPSHOW STEPHEN KING. Book has white end papers (That is normal with PERMA-BOUNDS)
The copyright page.
racerx45

Re: RAREST 1ST EDITION CREEPSHOW.

Post by racerx45 »

Any idea of how many were printed?
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

I have no idea.From what I read the company started in JUNE 1954 but did not start re-binding paperback books until the mid 60s for schools & libraries. So to find a copy without library marking has to make a clean copy even rarer. Of course having it signed don't hurt ether.
So all I can say is....Do you have or ever seen one or know anyone who has?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I have never seen a permabound version, and as you mention they would almost all be ex-library copies if you did find one. Super cool item!
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

Yes I do have a copy and the best part is it was brand new and was never read or stamped by a library.
Amylynn

Post by Amylynn »

I have a permabound creepshow no library marks - stamps, is there any value to these?