The Outsider first U.K. edition

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
GordonH

The Outsider first U.K. edition

Post by GordonH »

I've just returned from the USA on holiday and while over there I noticed that "The Outsider" had been released. As soon as I returned home I went into W.H. Smiths, who had sold out. I then went to Sainsbury's and was pleased to find that they had the book on sale. Upon opening the book, however, I was amazed to find that the items for sale were 5th printings, so I did not buy one. I then ordered a copy from Amazon and hoped for the best - luckily, the book that I received was a first print run. It is strange that Amazon still have first print copies, while Sainsbury's are stocking 5th printings?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: The Outsider first U.K. edition

Post by TheCollector »

I'm not sure about the UK edition, but for the US edition it seems there was a mix of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd printings pretty much mixed in the week of release. No real rhyme or reason that I could see on what bookstore had what.

So perhaps not as strange as you'd think for this particular title. But yeah, strange in general.
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Re: The Outsider first U.K. edition

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

You will find that there are two The Outsider U.K. 1st Editions The orange Hodder & Stoughton cover and the purple Exclusive W H Smith cover.