1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
lilyking

Re: Red Leather Library

Post by lilyking »

What is a fair price for the whole set?
nmcconnell

Post by nmcconnell »

I have an almost full collection (35) that I am willing to sell!
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Best of luck with the sale.
nmcconnell wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:36 am I have an almost full collection (35) that I am willing to sell!
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

For anyone interested in more info on the Red Leather Library there was a bit of discussion over here (and a few other places):

other-edition-questions-f4/red-leather- ... -t268.html
nothernfan

Post by nothernfan »

SkippyD023 wrote: Fri May 22, 2009 2:24 pm Can anyone provide me with more information on the Red Leather Library books. How many different titles were produced? Was there more than one edition issued? Do they have any value as a collectible? I have not been able to find much information on these books other than what I can find from people selling them. Any information that can be provided would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SkippyD
Hi Skippy:
There were 37 publications of the red faux leather Stephen King books. They were issued to library members for around $24.95 each. Around 450 of each were published so they are quite rare. If you wish to have a complete list I can provide you with one upon request. The very best price I have seen for a complete set was $1795; however, I believe they have increased since. It took about 4 months to complete my set and quite a bit more than $1795; but a collector is a collector, right?
Dixztim

Post by Dixztim »

Hey, that was some great info on these editions. I noticed that was in 2009.
Are there any more current figures for them. I'm looking at buying some to complete my set but not sure what to offer? Any information is greatly appreciated.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

So I don't follow these, but a good way to get a ballpark value for these (or most SK books) is to run an eBay search for COMPLETED listings. This will show you what the books actually sold for, or not. Looks like there was one completed set sold last month for $1,525
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... Complete=1