What did you buy or receive today?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
Ben Staad

Re: What did you buy or receive today?

Post by Ben Staad »

Thanks! I wish there were a few illustrations in it but it's still a handsome book.
CamFella wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:51 am Wicked - it is a beauty...

Cam
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

This showed up yesterday. Had a chance to open this up and give it a once over. It's a very nice production.

Wish it were signed by the author.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Nice, my AE copy w/ bookmark showed up yesterday. Here it is pictured next to the ARC (I'm cheating a bit the ARC showed up months ago).

Nice lamb!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Looking good and love the ARC. Kind of fun having different versions of the book to display.

The lamb was a direct order from Ebay. Thought it would be nice on shelf.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

TheCollector wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:13 am Wow congratulations, that's amazing! Yeah definitely post some some pics.
The day before yesterday Neuromancer arrived; it's been beautifully bound by master bookbinder Peter Geraty at Praxis Bindery, we all know another piece of art or two that Peter created:

1. The lettered edition of Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
2. The lettered edition of Misery by Stephen King

For this Peter went for a simple and yet elegant, artistic and somewhat abstract design which i absolutely love.

The pictures i made are (i'm afraid) too big to upload here but i also made a short video of it which you can check out here if you don't mind me stuttering for a couple of times. 🤣

Neuromancer 1/1 Lettered Binary Edition

EDIT: i uploaded these pictures to Flickr which i don't use too often, i had almost forgotten that i use that. 😉

You can look at the pictures HERE; NEUROMANCER 1/1.
Last edited by Noxus35 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

TheCollector wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 pm Nice, my AE copy w/ bookmark showed up yesterday. Here it is pictured next to the ARC (I'm cheating a bit the ARC showed up months ago).

Nice lamb!
I finally received my AE today, the numbered edition will show up tomorrow if all goes well. 😉
Last edited by Noxus35 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Yup, Alex is starting Phantasia Press up again. At least that is his plan, which i truly hope he succeeds in.

I recently ordered a Neuromancer uncut (perfect for framing) dustjacket without the golden letters on it and it is going to be signed and numbered by the original artist Barclay Shaw, he did not mention how many he had of these.
I believe that those Firestarter dust jackets were sold out but one can always try. 😉
Ben Staad wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:07 am Not sure if there are any left but email Alex Bergman abermanesq@aol.com.

Alex is/was the co-owner of Phantasia Press. I do know he has some new old stock books from the press that he is still selling. According to him there were no Firestarter or Asbestos Firestarter books hidden away anywhere.
TheCollector wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:17 am
Ben Staad wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:59 pm Thanks!

Received something pretty awesome today. It's as close as I will ever be to the actual book. Hope to save up a little money and have this framed a little later this year.

New, old stock, dust jacket.
Is someone selling new old stock still? Don't bogart a link! :)
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Congrats on the amazing additions to your collection.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Decided to catch up on putting some mylar on DJ's today.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Bought a CD GE of Night Shift. No photo but I'm sure it looks like everyone's copy.