What did you buy or receive today?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
mulleins

Re: What did you buy or receive today?

Post by mulleins »

Wow! Great job.

Can't wait to see your copy.

Mulleins
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Thanks, i'll post pictures when i have it in hands. I am really excited about this! 😎
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Wow congratulations, that's amazing! Yeah definitely post some some pics.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

TheCollector wrote: ↑Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:13 am Wow congratulations, that's amazing! Yeah definitely post some some pics.
Thank you very much! 😎
I will do that when it's received, i woke up that morning thinking ; "New release today, probably Neuromancer. Really, really want it but too bad i'll probably have no chance of buying it"

So, when it was announced that it was Neuromancer i just thought "i'll read the edition pages later" and directly got into the contest. I am glad i did just that and that i obsessed over the contest for the first 50 minutes or so haha.

Also dropped Paul a message yesterday asking how he will letter this, will it be A/A or may i opt something different?
Which i did off course. πŸ˜‰
I asked him if it were possible, considering the cyberpunk genre, for him to letter it as : 0100 0001 / A .

0100 0001 is the binary code for the letter "A" , he responded with " Not a bad idea" and "Thanks for the suggestion!" .

If he would go through with my idea and letter it like that, well you get the idea. πŸ˜‰
It would make this the first and only Binary Lettered Edition in the world. Creating something really different and which sets this apart from other "normal' editions. πŸ™ƒ
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

On thursday i (gladly) bought this, a while back (about four months ago) i bought the numbered Red Dragon on the secondary so this is perfect for me. 😎
IMG_20210109_075833.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Noxus35 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:03 pm On thursday i (gladly) bought this, a while back (about four months ago) i bought the numbered Red Dragon on the secondary so this is perfect for me. 😎

IMG_20210109_075833.jpg
Congrats! I picked up a gift edition myself, and put myself into the lottery for the numbered. I don't usually buy numbered editions outside of King but I love the story - and of course Paul's books are out of this world. I should have picked up the lifetime artist edition subscription when it was offered.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

TheCollector wrote: ↑Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:48 pm
Noxus35 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:03 pm On thursday i (gladly) bought this, a while back (about four months ago) i bought the numbered Red Dragon on the secondary so this is perfect for me. 😎

IMG_20210109_075833.jpg
Congrats! I picked up a gift edition myself, and put myself into the lottery for the numbered. I don't usually buy numbered editions outside of King but I love the story - and of course Paul's books are out of this world. I should have picked up the lifetime artist edition subscription when it was offered.
The gift edition is awesome on it's own, the reversible dust jacket will make me buy an extra dust jacket for it when available.
Other collectors bought two of these, that made me consider it as well but i decided not to.

Good luck on the lottery, sixteen numbereds were left for it. You might be lucky to get it, please post it if you do. πŸ˜‰
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I jumped on an artist edition as well. Price point was a little out of my normal range but I stretched for it.

Congrats to all that snagged copies of this book as it sold out very fast.

*Good luck to all with the lottery*
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Concrete Gods chapbook by KPB. Not a sophisticated chap book by any standards however it appears to be a little earlier work and it is in good shape.

Having trouble uploading photo...not sure what the issue is. So you will just have to take my word for what arrived today. LOL
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Oh dear lord, help me.... I couldn't resist buying the numbered edition of Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. :D

I also received Suntup's gift ARC of The Silence of the Lambs and Frozen Hell (Wildside Press).