What did you buy or receive today?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: What did you buy or receive today?

Post by TheCollector »

Noxus35 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:43 am I might have outdone myself and pre-ordered Suntup's numbered & stand alone edition of The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. πŸ€“

Publication date: summer 2020, bringing the total Suntup pre-orders to four. πŸ˜‰
It's also my first numbered edition from Suntup, so pretty stoked about that.

And (on a side note) a couple of days earlier during a live feed on facebook i won an ARC of Suntup's I Am Legend.
It's enroute as we speak, i expect it to arrive on tuesday. :D
I really liked what Paul did with the design of the numbered edition, I think it's going to look fantastic on your shelf. Post some actual pics for us here once you get it.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

TheCollector wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:11 am
Noxus35 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:43 am I might have outdone myself and pre-ordered Suntup's numbered & stand alone edition of The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. πŸ€“

Publication date: summer 2020, bringing the total Suntup pre-orders to four. πŸ˜‰

And (on a side note) a couple of days earlier during a live feed on facebook i won an ARC of Suntup's I Am Legend.
I really liked what Paul did with the design of the numbered edition, I think it's going to look fantastic on your shelf. Post some actual pics for us here once you get it.
I'm still very happy with my decision to pre-order this, i really think this is a very unique edition and that it will become a highly collectible book over the years. πŸ˜‰

Sure, the thought has crossed my mind that i've paid around 8$ a page but hell ; this edition is totally worth it. 😁

And don't worry i most certainly will take pictures of it once i receive it, i like photography so that will be no problem whatsoever. πŸ˜‰
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I am positive this will be a good investment. I was not familiar with the story before the announcement however I have read it since.

The price point, to me, is high but I think it will hold and increase in value. If I could afford $350 for this very short story I would buy two, keep one, and sell the other.

-Tim
Noxus35 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:28 am
TheCollector wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:11 am

I'm still very happy with my decision to pre-order this, i really think this is a very unique edition and that it will become a highly collectible book over the years. πŸ˜‰

Sure, the thought has crossed my mind that i've paid around 8$ a page but hell ; this edition is totally worth it. 😁

And don't worry i most certainly will take pictures of it once i receive it, i like photography so that will be no problem whatsoever. πŸ˜‰
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I broke down last night and ordered a copy The Bottoms by Lansdale last night from ABE.

Based on current events I wasn't really buying books but it was impulsive and cheap. My past orders from ABE have been a mixed bag so hopefully this book is as described NF NF with legit flat signature. I have a few other of his sigs so I will be comparing them.
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

Have you discovered his Hap & Leonard books yet?
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Only by accident and not seriously. I liked what I read but I think they were ebooks which I no longer have access to.

I watched some of the TV show but it didn't "grab me" like I remember the books doing. Sounds like I need to revisit them.
CHEROKEEBRUCE wrote: ↑Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:22 am Have you discovered his Hap & Leonard books yet?
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

Two early joe's.....
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I'm not well versed on Joe. So is that second scan a pen name?
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

YES.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

The Folio Society's MORT by Terry Pratchett, considered to be one of the best Discworld books ever written by him. 😎
IMG_20200504_155255.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.