What did you buy or receive today?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: What did you buy or receive today?

Post by TheCollector »

This came in the other day, the new deluxe collectors edition of LOTR. Lot of cool extras.

Now originally it was limited to 6,000 copies but I hear they increased the print run - not sure what the final number is though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

That looks very nice. I love the slipcase edge and cutout. Congrats!
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

This came in this week from Midworld Press. 1st book from the press, that I bought, and I think they did a nice production.

Those Across the River by Christopher Buelman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Looks nice, I'm not familiar with the title, is it worth a read?
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I thought it was an okay read but it didn't blow me out of the water. I will say I haven't read anything in the last few years that has really gripped me. Maybe I'm in a book funk. IDK.

What really drew me to this edition was the artwork from David Palumbo. I think it's great.
TheCollector wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:27 pm Looks nice, I'm not familiar with the title, is it worth a read?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ben Staad wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:58 pm I thought it was an okay read but it didn't blow me out of the water. I will say I haven't read anything in the last few years that has really gripped me. Maybe I'm in a book funk. IDK.
I can relate. I've been doing a lot of audio books during the pandemic, to listen to while exercising outside - which means a lot of walking or jogging. While there's been a lot of "meh" stuff there were a couple that rose to the top of my list if anyone is looking for a read, or listen :)
  • Ready Player One
  • American Gods
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

I bought an Artist Edition dustjacket of Phantasia Press Firestarter signed, numbered and double remarqued by Michael Whelan at original cost. Copy #2 of 10.

Also bought a Suntup numbered copy of The Omen by David Seltzer, and earlier on this week i went and bought an extra-large deluxe signed print on canvas by Don Maitz & Janny Wurts. :D
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Alright my friends, totally non Stephen King - but hey I'm in the non-SK section :) and I had to show off a little bit.

New painting arrived by by Bob Ross' son Stephen Robert Ross I'm pretty jazzed....and a photo of Steve and Bob back in the day together.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

The detail is amazing. Wow!

Mulleins
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

What a fun and interesting item. Congrats!