What Are You Reading Right Now?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by TheCollector »

I'm reading One Word Kill by Mark Lawrence - I'm not quite sure where it's going but the writing is solid. Probably best I just put the synopsis here:

In January 1986, fifteen-year-old boy-genius Nick Hayes discovers he’s dying. And it isn’t even the strangest thing to happen to him that week.

Nick and his Dungeons & Dragons-playing friends are used to living in their imaginations. But when a new girl, Mia, joins the group and reality becomes weirder than the fantasy world they visit in their weekly games, none of them are prepared for what comes next. A strange—yet curiously familiar—man is following Nick, with abilities that just shouldn’t exist. And this man bears a cryptic message: Mia’s in grave danger, though she doesn’t know it yet. She needs Nick’s help—now.

He finds himself in a race against time to unravel an impossible mystery and save the girl. And all that stands in his way is a probably terminal disease, a knife-wielding maniac and the laws of physics.

Next book is going to be a toss up on whether I get to Margaret Atwoods "The Handmaids Tale" followed by "The Testaments" or I dive into SK's new book. Any votes?
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

I'm reading the eyes of the dragon right now...

Reading the Collector's post of One Word Kill made me very curious to reading that novel (apparently the 1st book of a trilogy ) so i placed an order of One Word Kill and Limited Wish.

Should have finished the eyes of the dragon when i receive those novels. 😉
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Wrapped up The Institute earlier this week. For me this was classic King. Loved it with a small dull spot towards the end(s).

Perusing my bookshelves now trying to figure out what to read next. Keep eyeing a Ronald Kelly book I hadn't read yet.