What Are You Reading Right Now?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
kjordan

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by kjordan »

I am currently reading "Chasm" by Stephen Laws. Maybe around 1/5 of the way through but pretty good so far. Some people compared it to "The Stand" so I thought I would give it a try. It is an older book and set in England which is cool. Can't really compare it to The Stand in my opinion, but I still like it. Also started reading "The Fireman" by Joe Hill which has grabbed my attention pretty quickly and in a good way. As I think Tomas said in a previous comment - I can do 2 books at one time but that is my limit :)
BusterC

Post by BusterC »

Two books about George Remus, the Cincinnati/Chicago Bootlegger have been released. One arrived today and the other I have is an advanced readers copy. Can't get enough of this guy. Quite fascinating.
kjordan

Post by kjordan »

TheCollector wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:31 am I've really gotten into Hugh Howey lately. The Silo series was amazing, I'm currently reading a short story book of his Machine Learning which is surprisingly solid, and I'm not as big of a fan of short stories in general
Loved the Silo series! Wish they would make a movie about it :)
amd013

Post by amd013 »

I read different books in different rooms of the house, so I am currently reading:

The Fireman by Joe Hill
Forever and a Day by Anthony Horowitz
The Burning by Bentley Little
Fangoria Cover to Cover: published by CD

(also put on pause Walking with Ghosts by Brian James Freeman, will pick back up when done with one of the others, provided I am done before the Institute comes out)

I like one of the books to be a coffee table type book (hence #4)
TonyD2336

Post by TonyD2336 »

Lately I’ve been listening to audio books and am currently on the final chapter of Horns by Joe Hill. I’ve heard a lot of praise for his writing and have thoroughly enjoyed listening to this story. When I find the time, I’d like to read one of his books myself to see how his style paints the story in my imagination. I look forward to seeing how he develops as a writer.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Sleeping Beauties. It is okay but there are certainly things that take me away from the narrative.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I turned into a one book at a time guy. Used to have 2 or 3 going at a time but just can't do it anymore. By the way I hope you enjoy WTTKH. I thought it was a fun read.
TheCollector wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:49 am
Philsy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:24 am I'm currently reading The Wind Through The Keyhole by Stephen King, Solo: A Star Wars Story by Mur Lafferty, and The Bees by Laline Paull. I try to always have a Star Wars book, a Stephen King/Joe Hill book and another author on the go at all times.
I sometimes flip between two books myself, but that's about my limit!
HideBobNow

Post by HideBobNow »

Right now I am reading 3 more King books: Firestarter, Needful Things and re-reading IT. I re-read IT about 1-2 a year. I can never get enough of that wonderful and haunting story about childhood, friendship -it feels like a truly metaphysical experience. Needful Things is fun to read, but not enjoying the re-read as much as some of the others I’ve had. And I’m on page 189 of my first read through Firestarter right now. Best to you all.
adrien.sauvageon

Post by adrien.sauvageon »

Hi!
I just finished reading Stephen King's The Langoliers which, isn't exeptional, but is still pretty good.
Most people know it from the god-awful min-series which is NOTHING like this.
I ordered a copy of Cormac McCarthy's the road, I look forward to reading it, because I really want to read a Western book (even though it's not really a Western). Im currently reading a French Book for school (I live in Paris), which is okay. I ordered Pet Sematary (Doubleday) and The Stand Complete and Uncut (Doubleday) a few weeks back, and i'm still waiting for them.
Ok well bye :D :D :D :D :D :D 8-)
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I am still trying to slog through Sleeping Beauties. I'm towards the end and it is dragging and I'm ready for it to wrap up. I'm also re-reading Kin by KPB and just started Paradox Bound by Peter Clines.

I may put all of these to the side and start on The Institute.

Edit: LOL. I see a few posts up I said I'm a one book at a time person these days...