Questionable signature

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
Sherlock Joe's

Re: Questionable signature

Post by Sherlock Joe's »

What I keep thinking about is people's signatures change ... over time, depending on how many books they've signed in one sitting, etc.

I can see any signature being rushed and not "perfect" for any number of reasons ... I guess, personally, I'd need some specific reasons why one would be claimed as a "forgery" if you go to a place that shows his legitimate signatures and it's pretty close to one (or some) of those.

My .02 cents, I'll stop now ...
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Yes it is horrible, but genuine. His signatures this century are getting worse after his accident, and of course, age.
JackyBoy

Post by JackyBoy »

That makes sense. Heck, I’m only in my 40’s and my signature has changed quite a bit from 20 years ago.
CamFella

Post by CamFella »

Certainly signatures change over time, but not this drastically... someone just paid $250 for this:

Cam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Whoever bought that deserves to lose their money. It's very very bad.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

I do agree. Sorry for that person.

For our new members reading these comments, this is why a place like this website and many threads exist to help any newbie wanting to collect. It's very smart to ask questions and be cautious before buying. Many seasoned collectors visit these boards and always willing to give an opinion and help.

Ralph
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

I do agree wholeheartedly, sadly some newbies don't know enough to hunt on their own without help.

My advice, read in on a lot of topics here and also on the Dark Tower forum- though that one seemed to have slowed down a lot in activity or maybe that's just me.
mulleins wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:53 am I do agree. Sorry for that person.

For our new members reading these comments, this is why a place like this website and many threads exist to help any newbie wanting to collect. It's very smart to ask questions and be cautious before buying. Many seasoned collectors visit these boards and always willing to give an opinion and help.

Ralph
On topic: i think this is fake but in some other groups people seem to think it's legit, so what do you all think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Forged
Mr. Rabbit Trick

No good.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Thanks, that's what i already thought. I have seen some real and ugly signatures before on the internet but this one just did not seem right to me. ;)