LATER Slipcase Thread

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
tomi_cc16

Re: LATER Slipcase Thread

Post by tomi_cc16 »

Any news? Will there be a slipcase from stephenkingcollector or not ??
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

There sure will. Designs for the paperback version are done, designs for the hardback version are in production. I'm expecting the next set of drafts on the hardback edition this coming week, although there will likely be a bit of back and forth.

Hopefully hardback designs done in August and production starting in September - I won't be opening up any ordering on the site until we're close to production.
Diga37

Post by Diga37 »

Will there be a slipcase for the signed limited?
Thanks
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Diga37 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:15 pm Will there be a slipcase for the signed limited?
Thanks
So the book is the same size between the signed and unsigned hardback edition. The slipcase will fit both of those (same as how the Joyland slipcase fits the signed and unsigned edition books).

Separately from all that will be a different sized case, with different art, for the paperback.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hey guys,

No questions here on the forum thread lately - but I got an email today asking if the case was still going forward. it's totally going forward!

In case it wasn't clear It’s a bit more involved than usual because we’re not doing a simple stamp and die, but artwork similar to the way the Joyland case was done. There have been a lot of possible designs to go thru and a ton of revisions after a general design was selected. For the hardback I can tell you we’re designing for LATER on the front and spine of the case and The Secret of Roanoke on the back.

For the paperback there will be a full wraparound art design

We're working out the last few color and placement tweaks but the overall designs for both cases are digitally done. I was hoping for high res printouts before I take off for vacation on Saturday but it looks like I won't see them until after I get back.

It’s possible pre-orders happen in late September but also possible it’ll slide to October 50/50 on that at this point. Part of it will depend on when the bindery can mock up a prototype for me to photograph for the pre-order page. I’ll talk more about it in the September newsletter.

I realize there are other cases to pre-order now, although I don't think any will be ready before October either. If you're a fan of the Joyland case...or are looking for a paperback version, I think you'll be happy you waited for these.
kardiackids

Post by kardiackids »

Excited to get the Later case and put it next to my Joyland one. I’m sure you are ahead of this but based on some comments on other cases that are out there, hopefully the case is being made so it fits over both dust jackets and a Brodart cover. Thanks!
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Me too. Looking forward to seeing what these are going to look like. I'm guessing these will be sized to accommodate an archival cover but Mr. Collector will need to confirm that one.
kardiackids wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:28 pm Excited to get the Later case and put it next to my Joyland one. I’m sure you are ahead of this but based on some comments on other cases that are out there, hopefully the case is being made so it fits over both dust jackets and a Brodart cover. Thanks!
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Be cool to see what you come up with! Thanks for the update.
BrianJamesFreeman

Post by BrianJamesFreeman »

TheCollector wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:02 am So the book is the same size between the signed and unsigned hardback edition. The slipcase will fit both of those (same as how the Joyland slipcase fits the signed and unsigned edition books).
Just a heads-up, it turns out there were two slightly different board sizes used on LATER. Definitely on the unsigned editions, not sure about the signed. It's such a small difference that I'm betting the publisher doesn't even realize. The printer might not even realize!

I was trying to solve a problem this week, related to the size of the book, when a collector who owns 20 copies (!) clued me in. He said you would never know if you didn't physically measure them, but he had a hunch and went to work... and yep, there were two slightly different sized boards used. He said only two of his twenty had the different boards, though.

You're probably leaving generous room for Brodart covers, etc, so I think you'll be fine. But I wanted to give you a heads-up anyway, just in case!

Brian
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Ughh. Sorry you had to make that discovery.