NYC Antiquarian Book Dealers

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: NYC Antiquarian Book Dealers

Post by TheCollector »

Sherlock Joe's wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:51 pm
Marco wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:24 pm Hi,
You can always post the books you’re offering in this forum or any of the dedicated Facebook collectors groups. I for one, would be interested in knowing what Joe Hill titles you have as there are always gaps to be filled in the collection :)
Cheers,
Marco
www.joehillbibliography.com
Marco, how rare is a signed hardcover copy of Hill's "The Fireman", but with the tipped-in page upside-down?
Not Marco, but just to chime in. While any misprinted copy is certainly rare compared to a non-misprinted copy that doesn't mean that it's going to be more valuable from a $$$ perspective, which is usually what folks are really asking (my apologies in advance if that's not where you were going with the question).
Marco

Post by Marco »

Sherlock Joe's wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:51 pm
Marco wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:24 pm Hi,
You can always post the books you’re offering in this forum or any of the dedicated Facebook collectors groups. I for one, would be interested in knowing what Joe Hill titles you have as there are always gaps to be filled in the collection :)
Cheers,
Marco
www.joehillbibliography.com
Marco, how rare is a signed hardcover copy of Hill's "The Fireman", but with the tipped-in page upside-down?
Among Joe Hill collectors there’s this long standing joke that unsigned copies of his books are probably more rare than signed copies ;)
To answer your question, the presigned The Fireman with upside down signature page is not uncommon (in general misprints are not more valuable) so it will be interesting only for those looking for a misprint.
Sherlock Joe's

Post by Sherlock Joe's »

Appreciate the info from both of you ... thanks!