Simon & Schuster Fairy Tale Special Edition

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jwilkinson404

Re: Simon & Schuster Fairy Tale Special Edition

Post by jwilkinson404 »

I am disappointed I wasn't actively collecting/paying attention when they released their edition of Revival. It looks absolutely beautiful, but now I don't know if I will find a copy that's not out of my reach.
Ben Staad wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:53 am The owner is a great guy, talented author, and produces some lovely books. Highly recommend Lividian.
Sherlock Joe's wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:30 am I've never personally ordered from Lividian, but just reading the fact that they're TRYING to make this slipcase fit 3 different publisher's versions of the book makes me want to get one, just to support the business if nothing else.
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

I checked this morning and it is officially sold out. Not sure exactly when it happened.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ah, I checked it yesterday and was still available. So sometime in the last 24 hours. I'll get the link taken down off the main page and replaced with Lividian's slipcase order link a little later today.

My take on the book - seems like the fair price would have been $50, but with the way that SK collectibles have been going up lately and the fact it's sold out after a week I'm guessing it'll hold it's value, at minimum, in the short term
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

TheCollector wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:12 am My take on the book - seems like the fair price would have been $50, but with the way that SK collectibles have been going up lately and the fact it's sold out after a week I'm guessing it'll hold it's value, at minimum, in the short term
I already posted this on another forum, so I apologize to anyone for whom this is a repeat. I haven't opened my copy yet, as I had to say it was my Christmas gift to justify it to she who must be obeyed (she doesn't understand my hobby) but based on what others have said, it doesn't seem worth it. Brian's slipcase looks amazing and I am really excited for that. For $100 a slipcase should have already been included. So by the time you but the $100 dollar book, pay shipping and tax, but the slipcase, pay shipping and tax, this is getting close to the $200 dollar mark.

I think like the Under the Dome edition, this will not increase much in value, if at all.

I think the slipcase will increase in value. On Patreon, it says the slipcase will fit the limited and US trade editions however on the Lividian order page it only states the limited. If it fits the US trade I would have been happy with that and the slipcase instead of the limited edition. If it only fits the limited then I am glad I ordered it just to have a reason to buy the slipcase.

Of course all of this is hindsight. We all ordered not knowing what we would be getting.
CamFella

Post by CamFella »

Just FYI... Cemetery Dance is selling a slipcase for the TRADE EDITIONS....

https://www.cemeterydance.com/fairy-tale-slipcase

As well as the book and slipcase....

https://www.cemeterydance.com/fairy-tale-stephen-king

Regards,

Cam