Simon & Schuster Fairy Tale Special Edition

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Simon & Schuster Fairy Tale Special Edition

Post by TheCollector »

Picked up as well. $124.76 after shipping and taxes.

Thanks for emailing S&S on the print size and slipcase question sandler77. I hope you get some useful info.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Good to know. LOL.

I didn't even look. I should probably pay better attention.

Edit: Congrats to you as well!
TheCollector wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:11 am Picked up as well. $124.76 after shipping and taxes.
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

TheCollector wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:11 am Picked up as well. $124.76 after shipping and taxes.

Thanks for emailing S&S on the print size and slipcase question sandler77. I hope you get some useful info.
About the same for me, I don't like using the Shop app, it always charges me the wrong tax rate. I live right outside the incorporated part of the county so my tax rate is half what it is two blocks away. Saves quite a bit of money on bigger purchases, for instance it's cheaper to order a TV from Best Buy and get it delivered than go to Best Buy and pick it up. Not as big a deal in this case but still bothers me they are taking more than they should
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I just looked and it was $120.16 for me.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Our local taxes here are about 10% (sigh), so I expect my total is a little higher than most.

If you guys want to have an interesting exercise reading the tea leaves, I have my order confirmation.

ORDER SS-1978 - 9:09am (PST)
ORDER SS-2013 - 9:11am (PST)

If that correlates at all with the print run then we'd be over 2,000 but that's making an assumption that this order number is just for this edition and started at 0001 when orders went live.

Also as I used PayPal my receipt showed Snow Commerce as the Merchant, not S&S. A quick Google takes you here
https://www.snowcommerce.com/

Don't know if that means good things or bad for the quality of this release.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Mine is 1309. I had my order in about 30-45 seconds after it went live. Confirmation email was at one minute past.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I'd say it's pretty unlikely the orders started at zero then....which means other S&S orders are likely lumped into these order numbers.

Still, if there wasn't anything else going live at this time you'd think most of the orders should be for this book...up to 800 ordered in the first 15 minutes, maybe?
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

No idea but it's fun to speculate.

I didn't see an expected ship date. So I'm curious if these are printed already or if the limited print run will be based on orders.
TheCollector wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:44 am I'd say it's pretty unlikely the orders started at zero then....which means other S&S orders are likely lumped into these order numbers.

Still, if there wasn't anything else going live at this time you'd think most of the orders should be for this book...up to 800 ordered in the first 15 minutes, maybe?
sunflowersociety

Post by sunflowersociety »

Got my order in (2179), so we'll see how it looks once it's delivered!
Billybumbler

Post by Billybumbler »

I bought one even though the description and pictures aren't that great lol. 🙃 only a King collector would buy a not very well described version LOL!