Silent Auction Saturday March 9th

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Silent Auction Saturday March 9th

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Folks,
A little regurgitation from the newsletter...saves typing ;) bidding is open now thru the end of the auction event (coordinators best guess is around 9:30pm tomorrow, eastern time)

If you have any questions put them here, I'll be actively checking on the thread on & off thru tomorrow.

=======================================================

The Pet Refuge is holding their 28th annual benefit auction this Saturday the 9th. This year Stephen King has personally donated a copy of the S/L scribner 11/22/63 and a S/L Wind thru the Keyhole (labeled PC).
If owning a limited edition from King's own stash isn't cool enough,the book will be "hand-carried back to Mr. King after the auction to have him inscribe his work however the winner would like"!
The best part is that they're making their auction items available to bid on by smart phone, no need to be there in person to bid! Worldwide shipping is included in the bid. Here's the instructions:

■ Go to http://www.myab.co/events/2W/i/silent
■ Type in your Name, cell phone number & email into the form
■ Check your phone for a confirmation text and reply "Y"
■ You should get a welcome message reply immediately

The King items are #801 and #802. To check on what the current bid is, just type in the item#. To place a bid you put the item number, a space, then the whole dollar amount you're bidding
Bidding ls live right now, and closes Saturday evening EST. (Event doesn't specify a cut off date, just says until event concludes) I've asked the coordinator and they say the event will likely wrap up around 9:30ish

They don't ask for your credit card or mailing address during the phone registration. I've confirmed that they will call the winners after the auction. Winners have 24 hours to make payment otherwise the high bid will be invalidated and the next highest bidder will be contacted. You can pay with all major credit cards. The books will be shipped in mid-May.
I'll have a forum topic up to answer any follow up questions you might have. If you wind up winning one of these books, head on over to the forums and let us know, I'm quite curious what you'll choose for your inscription!

Tomas Krynsky
The Collector - http://www.stephenkingcollector.com
jhanic

Re: Silent Auction Saturday March 9th

Post by jhanic »

I just checked the auction site out and those Stephen King items are already really expensive! Great for The Pet Refuge!

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

So, there's a little question on whether shipping will be extra to overseas folks or not, which is why you havn't seen the newsletter....If I don't hear back in the next couple hours I'll tweak the newsletter to say shipping outside the USA might be extra.

EDIT - I've got confirmation that worldwide shipping is included in the bid price

Yeah, they're doing well! Hard to put a narrow of a valuation on what getting King's personal copy inscribed adds to the value on top of the standard S/L value. Guess we'll see Saturday night what it winds up going for.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Wow, both auctions closed at roughly $2,000 each, which is well above retail. You remember those mastercard commercials? "Milk, $2.99, bread $1.56, having King sign one of his limiteds over to you....priceless"

I guess we can put that price at +$1,200 - $1,400 over the value of the book alone!

OK if the winner was one of our fellow collectors, fess up! Which one did you win & what's King going to write in your copy?