New SK Novel "Later" available for pre-sale

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
JackyBoy

Re: New SK Novel "Later" available for pre-sale

Post by JackyBoy »

I’m pretty new to the game but this doesn’t seem like it should be allowed to happen. The people that invested in an aftermarket copy for who knows how much just had their values decreased. I mean, what’s stopping them from suddenly discovering another 1000 if they wanted?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

JackyBoy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:26 am I’m pretty new to the game but this doesn’t seem like it should be allowed to happen. The people that invested in an aftermarket copy for who knows how much just had their values decreased. I mean, what’s stopping them from suddenly discovering another 1000 if they wanted?
I hear you, however as these don't come with the alternate dustjacket these will be looked on as another state. So I don't think values from the "official" production run will be affected. In the same way that the three different printing states of The Gunslinger (1st, 2nd, 3rd) or the three states of Salem's Lot (1st/1st 1st/2nd 1st/3rd) live independently of each other and all have their own values.

More likely, they may decide to print more copies down the road - this happens often with books, but they would also be considered a later printing and have their own values assigned to them. The Colorado Kid is a good example of that...... But going off of Joyland as their only other King title, and how they treated that. For the moment, I'm willing to chalk this up to an honest miscommunication between them and the printer, one that benefits some collectors that weren't able to get a copy and leave it at that.
JackyBoy

Post by JackyBoy »

Very good points. I guess it would be no different than any other “second printing” or similar situation. And if someone happens to lose or ruin the alternate jacket from the original run it would be lumped in with this new batch. Plus it is nice for a few more collectors to get their hands on a copy.