New SK Novel "Later" available for pre-sale

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
mulleins

Re: New SK Novel "Later" available for pre-sale

Post by mulleins »

I believe everyone that ordered received the same email information on the delay.

I'm patient, I can wait.

Tomas, I'm really digging the green color. You've gone TomasKnockers on us.

Mulleins
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

You can use other font colors too - just highlight your text and hit the font color icon (screengrab below)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Email from Forbidden Planet just now asking me to confirm the shipping charges. It's happening!!!
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Whoooo Hooooo....just got shipping confirmation on my S/L and Gift editions of "Later".

Mulleins
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Congrats all! Hope the signatures look very nice.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

We’ll this came in while I’m here n the road so I won’t be able to get a newsletter out for another hour or two but there are overrun copies of Later available. Unsigned and with just a single DJ but only $40

https://anotheruniverse.co/products/lat ... run-copies
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Whelp that didn't last long. Just got home and started work on the newsletter but they are sold out already. Expect eBay listing soon I'd think.

I'll modify the info page to include a line item on these.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

This is being discussed in other arenas. Some collectors feel the books being sold with just one jacket will be considered a "second print" in their eyes.

Others are struggling to trust Triton Books now. Just happen to find 400+ copies?

Mulleins
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

That IS a large discrepancy in numbers but if it was just a straight cash grab you'd think they wouldn't have set the price at $40 where the book sells out in a couple hours. I don't want to say they're giving it away at that price, but one DJ or not, it's the lowest priced SK gift edition to be made - ever (tied with Joyland, also Titan press) They could have easily kept it at $50 or even charged a higher price and it still would have sold out.

I could call out another company that "finds" copies of King books years later and then puts them up on eBay at market price auctions but I'll stay on topic and not do that :mrgreen:

There's a lot of profit to be made between the $40 price and current secondary price, I'm sure a number of folks bought multiples to sell. Even if they go for less (and they should). I'll make a guess at many of these selling for around $100ish out of the gate.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Oh yes..l hear you.

The copies started on eBay at $100+

Like I told another collector, "At least they didn't "FIND" 450 additional signed copies. That would have tanked the current value with the S/L"

I'm also glad the sellers are being honest (so far) but stating "Only comes with one jacket"

Mulleins