Ask and ye shall recieve

Tell me what you would like to see on the forums!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Ask and ye shall recieve

Post by TheCollector »

andi t isdone youwillnever get badsp elling aggain

i mean - and it is done you will never get bad spelling again:)

any time you see a red underline on a word when you type that means it's misspelled
Right click on the offending word and you get a list of probable replacement words.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I would really like to see listings for US and UK proofs like you have for the first US and UK editions. Pictures of all the proof states and estimated values would be very helpful to me.
I realize this may be a daunting task!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Tomas has asked me to do this. I've been working on it for a while now. It should be available fairly soon. The trouble is, life has a way of interfering with my schedule. :roll:

To come up with a listing of values, though, is virtually impossible due to the limited number of sales. The values seem to vary due to demand, which goes up as more collectors become interested in the proofs and down when they lose interest and/or sell their collections.

I'm working on the US proofs first.

John
brownt2707

Post by brownt2707 »

I would love to have a site I could go to and look up specifics on how to make sure I am buying a true first edition, this info like color of boards or specific numbers on DJ, is very hard to find. thanks for your website!!!
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

brownt2707 wrote:I would love to have a site I could go to and look up specifics on how to make sure I am buying a true first edition, this info like color of boards or specific numbers on DJ, is very hard to find. thanks for your website!!!
This link will help you somewhat - http://www.stephenking.com/other/identi ... itions.pdf
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

You mean the link at the bottom of the site...the one that says "Identify US 1st editions"...is that the link you were looking for :D

Nope farther down

Farther

Farther....
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

TheCollector wrote:You mean the link at the bottom of the site...the one that says "Identify US 1st editions"...is that the link you were looking for :D

Nope farther down

Farther

Farther....
Yeah, that link is OK too :lol:
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I just noticed that the "search for this book on ebay" links for the UK limiteds are directed at Ebay.com.

Sometimes I notice that there are copies of these editions on Ebay.co.uk that show up when they don't appear on the .com search.

Was wondering if it is worth adding a .co.uk search button as well?

Cheers
James
Last edited by jimimck on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

That's an interesting request and definitely something I will look into. If you don't hear anything on this by the end of September PM me.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Hey Tomas, just a quick note to say I like the .co.uk search option for the UK limiteds. I think it covers all bases re keeping track of what is available on ebay. the live listings is a cool feature.

Thanks!