Question about a 1982 Sourcebook article

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
paulmaherjr

Question about a 1982 Sourcebook article

Post by paulmaherjr »

I found this magazine in my papers, King is on the cover and it is a mag put out by the US Army and features an article called "My High School Horrors." It's in Very Good shape with no tears.

Is this rare or relatively common. I almost threw it out.
jhanic

Re: Question about a 1982 Sourcebook article

Post by jhanic »

According to Justin Brooks' Bibliography, it was originally published in 1982 in the Sourcebook, which was distributed free of charge to high school seniors. I don't know how many copies have survived. I don't own one. The essay was later reprinted in the February 1986 issue of the Castle Rock newsletter, a copy of which I do own, and later in a volume entitled Georgia Biology, a life science journal published by some high school students in the Fall of 1993. I don't have a copy of this one either. He makes no mention of a magazine that was published by the Army. If you're interested in selling your copy, let me know.

John
paulmaherjr

Post by paulmaherjr »

jhanic wrote:According to Justin Brooks' Bibliography, it was originally published in 1982 in the Sourcebook, which was distributed free of charge to high school seniors. I don't know how many copies have survived. I don't own one. The essay was later reprinted in the February 1986 issue of the Castle Rock newsletter, a copy of which I do own, and later in a volume entitled Georgia Biology, a life science journal published by some high school students in the Fall of 1993. I don't have a copy of this one either. He makes no mention of a magazine that was published by the Army. If you're interested in selling your copy, let me know.

John
Sourcebook was/is published by the U.S. Army for high school seniors, it has a still-stapled in pull-out poster of an army advert for recruiting.

Fundamentally, I have no use for it, but I need to know more about it first.

Here are two pics:

jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Paul, I sent you a PM.

John
paulmaherjr

Post by paulmaherjr »

jhanic wrote:Paul, I sent you a PM.

John
Betts Books is selling one for $20.00, so for that much plus postage (whatever you want it sent by), it's yours.