U.K. Different Seasons First Edition query

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
GordonH

U.K. Different Seasons First Edition query

Post by GordonH »

Hi,
This is my first question on the forum and concerns my first edition U.K. copy of Different Seasons.
Pages 286 and 287 are reversed i.e. the other side of page 285 is page 287 and the other side of page 286 is page 288.
This reversal includes the text on both pages. The page numbers are also "at the wrong side" of the pages due to this reversal. Are they all like this, or is my book some kind of misprint?
I can try to include photos if required.
Thanks
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: U.K. Different Seasons First Edition query

Post by TheCollector »

Hello and welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you have a misprint. Unfortunately while misprints like this are not common it doesn't make the book any more valuable. (Not sure if that was an unspoken part of the question but I hear it often). Occasionally you might be able to get a little more for something like an upside down cover but any sort of misprint that affects the readability of the book would actually lower it's value.

Hope that helps and again, welcome to the forums.
GordonH

Re: U.K. Different Seasons First Edition query

Post by GordonH »

Interestingly, I contacted a seller of a U.K first edition of Different Seasons on ebay, who confirmed that his book has exactly the same misprint. He suggested that the majority, if not all, U.K. first editions might have this misprint.
Has anyone got a U.K. first edition that doesn't have this misprint?