Showcase your SK collectibles!

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
jhanic
Moderator
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:08 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by jhanic » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:09 am

TheCollector wrote:
jhanic wrote:I just received my signed edition of the US Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

John
The Overlook connection one?
Nope. I refuse to deal with them. I got mine from Matt (Lot Guy).

John



User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 0
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by TheCollector » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:32 pm

I mean who released a signed edition of Bazaar? The Overlook connection is the only one I could find (Signed by Chadbourne)
Thanks much,




The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

jhanic
Moderator
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:08 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by jhanic » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:42 am

TheCollector wrote:I mean who released a signed edition of Bazaar? The Overlook connection is the only one I could find (Signed by Chadbourne)
The SK signature on the one I got was obtained by the seller. There have been NO official signings for this book by King, making signed copies very scarce. (I'm excepting the one copy offered on the SKMB via eBay to help one of their members who is having problems.)

John

User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 0
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by TheCollector » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:30 am

jhanic wrote:
TheCollector wrote:I mean who released a signed edition of Bazaar? The Overlook connection is the only one I could find (Signed by Chadbourne)
The SK signature on the one I got was obtained by the seller. There have been NO official signings for this book by King, making signed copies very scarce. (I'm excepting the one copy offered on the SKMB via eBay to help one of their members who is having problems.)

John
Okay that makes complete sense. I thought for a minute that I can lost control of all my mental faculties and somehow forgotten about an announced signed edition, thanks John ;)
Thanks much,




The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Mr. Rabbit Trick
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:27 am
Karma: 2

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:53 pm

TheCollector wrote: Okay that makes complete sense. I thought for a minute that I can lost control of all my mental faculties and somehow forgotten about an announced signed edition, thanks John ;)
The only official signed limited books of the last 3 years are the PS Publishing Lettered ones.

Carrie (2014), Thinner (2015) and Skeleton Crew (2016).

User avatar
jimimck
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:43 am
Karma: 0
Location: New Zealand

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by jimimck » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:09 pm

That's actually a good point to reflect on.

Anyone have any inside info or speculation about why PS has been successful in getting King to sign their lettered editions and no other publisher has been able to get him involved in a project?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:27 am
Karma: 2

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:04 am

It might have something to with there only being 26 for him to sign (plus 4 in case of problems)

Other small press always have 52 copies plus (as many as 50?) PC copies.

User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 0
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by TheCollector » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:20 am

jimimck wrote:That's actually a good point to reflect on.

Anyone have any inside info or speculation about why PS has been successful in getting King to sign their lettered editions and no other publisher has been able to get him involved in a project?
Bromance 8-) :lol:
Thanks much,




The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

jhanic
Moderator
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:08 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by jhanic » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:19 pm

I've finally able to get a copy!

Image

John

jhanic
Moderator
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:08 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by jhanic » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:27 am

My latest:

Image

It contains "Beautiful" by King, which is a three-paragraph non-fiction work regarding his "crush" on Kim Novak.

John

Post Reply