COLLECTOR FORUMS... Ask questions - Get Answers
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:42 am 

:twisted:

Hi all! I didn't see a new person thread so figured I would drop a line here.
Long time King fan very new to limited edition collecting. I have all of his books with a few limiteds scattered throughout. Not trying to get everything available, just my personal faves. Been scrolling through here and there is a lot of great info! I know John a little bit from the official SK website(hi John! I was miserychastainlovesco. over there ;) ) My collection will NEVER be that massive!
Anyways, I've been looking for a Cycle of the Werewolf slipcase and lo and behold you guys have one. I also checked the Feb listing for what's for sale and saw that there were some COTW dust jackets available for the H/C. Mine is indeed jacketless. My question is, I noticed the same seller has three DJ's listed. Does this seem right? I've heard of facsimile DJ's being made and I do not want that. Could this place truly have three DJ's for this book available? Looking for some advice before buying.
Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:47 am 

Also, I've been a Joe Hill fan for a long time now. I missed out on the original 20th Century Ghosts from PS Pub so I have the deluxe 10th anny edition coming. Does anyone know the stories behind these.......

Gunpowder(recently purchased an unsigned copy)how many editions signed, unsigned etc?

The Saved(recently purchased a signed copy)same question as above...
I know The Saved was in the UK edition of 20th and Bobby Conroy was in the US edition. Wondering if it will be in this 10th edition? I still wanted this stand alone book but don't really know the story behind it.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:42 pm 

Hey Beverly/Misery! I've never seen any REAL dust jackets offered for COTW, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I'd be wary, though.

I've been pretty much avoiding Joe Hill's work--not because I don't like it, but I just don't have much room left. Sorry I can't help with that.

John

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Hi Beverly, welcome to the forums!

Cycle of the werewolf was only issued with a slipcase for the limited edition, not the trade edition and the COTW DJ is particularly prone to fading over time, it's actually the main reason I started doing these aftermarket slipcases - I had a great looking copy of COTW except the spine of the DJ was incredibly faded. I thought to myself it would be nice if I could get these away form further sun damage as they sat on my shelf.

Speaking of the DJ's listed on ABE, I assumed they were just old DJ's, reading the description

...faded spine, crease jacket only NO BOOK ask for more jacket details if required. Bookseller Inventory # 281803....

I don't think someone would replica up a dust jacket, sun fade the spine and put a few creases in it all to fake someone out. I haven't done business with this seller, but I recognize the name as a store that's been on ABE for years. Drop them an email and ask about it before ordering if you're interested.

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:39 am 

Good point, Tomas. I didn't see the listing, but I agree, why bother "aging" a dust jacket if it's a facsimile.

John