30th Anniversary Thinner still available??

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Cento

30th Anniversary Thinner still available??

Post by Cento »

Anyone guess why the 30th Anniversary Thinner (Deluxe Signed Lettered Edition) from PS Publishing is not sold out yet, months after the pre-sale release? I'm really surprised, given Les Edward's art and how it looks. Sure, it costs a small Italian Island, but that's never stopped collector's before.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: 30th Anniversary Thinner still available??

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

UK books are not as desirable as US ones?
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

Not everyone can afford lettered editions. That is for the select financially stable collector for sure.

For me, if I was rich I'd obviously go after those, but I can't. It is limited to the market as not everyone can grab a lettered book. It's all window shopping for most. As for the UK limited books, I love the quality of them so much. I have many, but not all. Excluding the older ones with the cloth slipcases that fall part when looked at, they are solidly done and look great.

But, the highest value is always the print run, the story, the condition, etc. Some people have no desire to collect UK limited. One reason perhaps is because Stephen King was born in the US and his home for publishing is the US. Kind of like the Harry Potter books. Yes the US has a true first edition running roughly at $800-1000, but the real first edition is from the UK where she gets originally published and that book is worth roughly $20,000! Based on the rarity of it. That's my guess.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Still...all other UK lettered editions have sold out in the past. Clearly the book isn't as desirable among the small subset of collectors that can afford to collect lettered editions. I'm not sure on why it's less collectible to them though, perhaps the title isn't as popular, perhaps it's because it's an anniversary edition, perhaps it's the UK angle, or a combo of all of the above.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I think the only other UK Lettered editions have been Joyland and Carrie. I can't think of any others.
Cento

Post by Cento »

Yes, its probably a conbination of everything. For me, its just too expensive, but as far as the anniversary editions go, i think the quality of the artwork / presentation and the "bonus" features you get with it, would make it one of the best of the anniversary releases to date, after IT, IMO.
Sumer

Post by Sumer »

Clearly the book isn't as desirable among the small subset of collectors that can afford to collect lettered editions. I'm not sure on why it's less collectible to them though, perhaps the title isn't as popular, perhaps it's because it's an anniversary edition, perhaps it's the UK angle, or a combo of all of the
online job