Carrie / The Shining edition questions

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Wonka

Carrie / The Shining edition questions

Post by Wonka »

So I just picked up Carrie and The Shining at a Goodwill for $2 each. They both have early edition jackets. Neither book has a price so I'm assuming BCE but they have MP gutter codes. MP6Z for Carrie and MP4Z for The Shining. I can't find an information on these except for an eBay listing for "THE RARE MP4Z EDITION!!!!!ONE11!!" which does me absolutely no good.
I'm not here looking to make a mint and I'm not a huge collector, I just picked these up cause I hadn't seen them before and I dug the jackets but since I can't find any info aside from NOT FIRST EDITIONS I'm intrigued as to where they fall in the lineage.
Any help would be much much appreciated
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Carrie / The Shining edition questions

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

These are BCE gutter codes. No-one knows what they stand for, because no-one cares about BCE. These are reading copies only, and are only worth the price you paid for them.

Sorry.
Wonka

Re: Carrie / The Shining edition questions

Post by Wonka »

That's what I figured, it's just infuriating when you go searching and no matter your google-fu you can't find decent info on something.

Thanks for the confirmation I appreciate it.

No Sorry needed mate, like I said I'm not here to get rich quick off these, they're cool looking versions and I'm happy having them on my shelf.