11/22/63 Dustjacket

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
downs1418

11/22/63 Dustjacket

Post by downs1418 »

For the US first trade edition of 11/22/63, when does the New York Times blurb on the front of the jacket begin to be put on? Did any of the first printing jackets have this on them? I know its not a huge value difference but I'm finding more and more jackets with this blurb on them. Does anyone know when they first put it on?
jhanic

Re: 11/22/63 Dustjacket

Post by jhanic »

downs1418 wrote:For the US first trade edition of 11/22/63, when does the New York Times blurb on the front of the jacket begin to be put on? Did any of the first printing jackets have this on them? I know its not a huge value difference but I'm finding more and more jackets with this blurb on them. Does anyone know when they first put it on?
Could you post a picture of the one with the blurb? I have only the first edition first printing and there's no blurb. (I'm not close to any bookstores that may have the "new" one.)

John
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

You talking about that white sticker? I've seen it on 1st/1st with that sticker and without. One time I had both, then decided to sell the one with the sticker. No idea what it's for but I don't see it hindering the value.
downs1418

Post by downs1418 »

jhanic wrote:
downs1418 wrote:For the US first trade edition of 11/22/63, when does the New York Times blurb on the front of the jacket begin to be put on? Did any of the first printing jackets have this on them? I know its not a huge value difference but I'm finding more and more jackets with this blurb on them. Does anyone know when they first put it on?
Could you post a picture of the one with the blurb? I have only the first edition first printing and there's no blurb. (I'm not close to any bookstores that may have the "new" one.)

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Thanks. I agree with allasorte, it was probably applied at the bookstore (with the stickers supplied by the publisher) and will not affect the value of the book at all.

John
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

The only thing about that sticker is......I don't remember if it was raised. As in, an addition to the jacket or if some jackets had this made into the jacket. It seems to always be in the same place when seen.
downs1418

Post by downs1418 »

allasorte wrote:The only thing about that sticker is......I don't remember if it was raised. As in, an addition to the jacket or if some jackets had this made into the jacket. It seems to always be in the same place when seen.
That's the copy that I had. You can tell that there is a definite surface difference but without any raised edges. It seemed to be integrated into the jacket.
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

That's what I thought, but couldn't remember. Weird. So it is integrated in. Then to me, it doesn't matter which to have. imo