Anyone up for helping me update the UK 1st edition list?

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
TheCollector
Site Admin

Anyone up for helping me update the UK 1st edition list?

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

I recently got a question on how to identify the 1st UK edition of Doctor Sleep, the person had found the "identifying UK 1st editions" list on the site, but quite rightly pointed out that it's only updated thru 2008
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/ide ... UK1st.html

Would someone be willing to give me info on the missing books so I can add them to the list?
jimimck

Re: Anyone up for helping me update the UK 1st edition list?

Post by jimimck »

Hi Tomas,
I have a few UK first editions from that era, I will pull them out when I am home from work and send some data through.

Cheers
James
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jimimck wrote:Hi Tomas,
I have a few UK first editions from that era, I will pull them out when I am home from work and send some data through.

Cheers
James
Thanks James, I appreciate it very much!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I stopped buying UK Trade editions years ago.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Hi Tomas,
Sorry for the delay in getting this through. I don't have UK trade editions of Full Dark, No Stars, Under the Dome or Doctor Sleep as yet.

Title: 11.22.63
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Date: 2011
Price on dust jacket: £19.99
Copyright Information: First published in Great Britain in 2011 by Hodder & Stoughton. Single number 1

Title: The Wind Through The Keyhole
Date: 2012
Copyright Information: First published in Great Britain in 2012 by Hodder & Stoughton. Single number 1
Misc. Information: This book has a Mosaic picture of The Tower on the back cover made up of thousands of randomly selected tiny fan photos.

Title: Mr Mercedes
Date: 2014
Price on dust jacket: £20
Copyright Information: First published in Great Britain in 2014 by Hodder & Stoughton. Single number 1
Misc. Information: A Collectors Edition was also published by H&S, with the only difference being the purple colour of the cover instead of blue.

Title: Revival
Date: 2014
Price on dust jacket: £20
Copyright Information: First published in Great Britain in 2014 by Hodder & Stoughton. Single number 1

The size seems to match the other newer UK editions. Let me know if you need any further info.

Cheers
James
Stroppygoblin

Post by Stroppygoblin »

Here is the missing info Tomas. I have all the UK first editions if you need anything else.

Title: Under the Dome
Date: 2009
Copyright Information: First published in Great Britain 2009 by Hodder & Stoughton. Single Number 1

Title: Full Dark, No Stars
Date: 2010
Price on dust jacket: £18.99
Copyright Information: First published in Great Britain 2010 by Hodder & Stoughton. Single Number 1

Title: Doctor Sleep
Date: 2013 (September 24th)
Copyright Information: First published in Great Britain 2013 by Hodder & Stoughton. Single Number 1
Misc. Information: A collectors edition was also published by H & S, sold elusively through WH Smith, with the only difference being the purple cover of the cover.

Extra info for Mr Mercedes:
published date: June 3, 2014

Extra Info for Revival:
Published Date: November 11th, 2014
3 variants were issued by H & S. The standard Trade with blue cover and white pages. A WH Smith exclusive continuing the purple theme and a Limited Waterstones edition that had the same DJ as the standard trade, but has dyed blue page edges. Interestingly the WH Smith DJ has no price shown on it.

A slipcased Limited edition was also produced of 500 copies, priced at £100. With deluxe binding, illustrated end papers, facsimile signature and contained a solid silver plectrum engraved with the authors signature encased in the cover,
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks Guys! I really appreciate it and will get that info update here in the next week or so.

Could one of you also crack open a 1st UK edition of Everything's eventual for me?

I have it listed as 1 3 5 7 9 8 6 4 2, but I have reason to believe I may have forgotten the #10 so really it would be .... 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2. I don't have a copy myself though to say for sure.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

TheCollector wrote:Thanks Guys! I really appreciate it and will get that info update here in the next week or so.

Could one of you also crack open a 1st UK edition of Everything's eventual for me?

I have it listed as 1 3 5 7 9 8 6 4 2, but I have reason to believe I may have forgotten the #10 so really it would be .... 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2. I don't have a copy myself though to say for sure.
Should be 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2 - the 10 is in the middle
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thank you! I'll make that change.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Stroppygoblin wrote:Here is the missing info Tomas. I have all the UK first editions if you need anything else.

Title: Doctor Sleep
Date: 2013 (September 24th)
Copyright Information: First published in Great Britain 2013 by Hodder & Stoughton. Single Number 1
Misc. Information: A collectors edition was also published by H & S, sold elusively through WH Smith, with the only difference being the purple cover of the cover.
A collector's edition was also done for Waterstone's which had a special Author's Note by King in the beginning of the book. This was not included in any other edition, as far as I remember.

John