Traycase/slipcase value

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
downs1418

Traycase/slipcase value

Post by downs1418 »

I'm currently watching an auction on EBAY for My Little Pony trade edition. The book is in clean condition but the slipcase is in less than desirable condition. I see on its page on this website that the slipcase is frequently in less than pristine condition. OK here's the question:

How much added value does the case add to a book? Obviously, a case is better than not having one. If a book was issued with a slipcase, how much of its overall value is in the case?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Traycase/slipcase value

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

downs1418 wrote:I'm currently watching an auction on EBAY for My Little Pony trade edition. The book is in clean condition but the slipcase is in less than desirable condition. I see on its page on this website that the slipcase is frequently in less than pristine condition. OK here's the question:

How much added value does the case add to a book? Obviously, a case is better than not having one. If a book was issued with a slipcase, how much of its overall value is in the case?
IMO. If the book was issued with a slipcase, then it is almost worthless without it. (Unless the book is signed by King.)
faari

Re: Traycase/slipcase value

Post by faari »

I've been interested in collecting books from the Stephen King Horror LIbrary, a series published by Bookspan of Mr. King's top ten (at that time) horror books by other authors.