Signet mini hardcovers?

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
AlexxKing69

Signet mini hardcovers?

Post by AlexxKing69 »

Today I went to the library and checked out 2 of Stephen King's short story collections (Different Seasons anr Night Shift) and they're marked as Signet paperbacks but they're actually mini hardcovers the size of a regular paperback with the cover printed instead of a dust jacket. I think they look pretty cool but I've never seen them anywhere on the internet before, does anyone know anything about these? Even possibly where to buy them? Or is it some kind of library binding edition?

P.S I actually saw on the cover that they're Perma-Bound, but Id still like to know if someone knows where I could possibly get my hands on them
jhanic

Re: Signet mini hardcovers?

Post by jhanic »

http://www.perma-bound.com/

As a collectable, they are virtually worthless. But they are neat!

John
aadi3229

Post by aadi3229 »

Yes. If it doesn't have a price on the dust jacket, it's probably a book club edition, which, to a collector, is virtually worthless except as a reading copy.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

AlexxKing69 wrote:Today I went to the library and checked out 2 of Stephen King's short story collections (Different Seasons anr Night Shift) and they're marked as Signet paperbacks but they're actually mini hardcovers the size of a regular paperback with the cover printed instead of a dust jacket. I think they look pretty cool but I've never seen them anywhere on the internet before, does anyone know anything about these? Even possibly where to buy them? Or is it some kind of library binding edition?

P.S I actually saw on the cover that they're Perma-Bound, but Id still like to know if someone knows where I could possibly get my hands on them
These sort of hardback copies are usualy ordered and/or rebound specifically for the libraries so they get more life out of the book. Here's where you can order some rebound titles off prema-bounds site, they list the binding of each edtion to the right of the title. Most go for $15-$20
http://www.perma-bound.com/Search/QiBoH ... 1M0P257aUg