DESPERATION/REGULATORS DOUBLE PACK

Any questions related to limited editions
GEOFF.U.K.

DESPERATION/REGULATORS DOUBLE PACK

Post by GEOFF.U.K. »

:) ..Hi Gang...
New to the board...be gentle with me..!!!
Well in with both feet...I have been collecting for a while now and have some lovely additions to my collection...(recently just landed the fabulous white tray-case for my copy of The Stand..from this site....highly recommended :) ) and have just brought a double/1st edition(s)USA pack of the above books,contained in a transparent sleeve along with (finally getting to the point) a boxed ''Keep-you-up-all-night'' reading light!!!

The box is black and red with yellow and white lettering...can anyone tell me if this is an original released item as I have never seen this anywhere (advance apologies if this has been covered before..got to hunt through all the posts!!! )

I will try and up-load some photographs of my collection and look forward to expanding my Stephen King collecting 'nuances' with you all,
Geoff (UK)
jhanic

Re: DESPERATION/REGULATORS DOUBLE PACK

Post by jhanic »

That sounds like the original set. I still have one (in its shrink wrap).

I agree with the Stand traycase. It's a classic!

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Ive heard of that double set with the night light, but have not seen one myself. Its one I need to hunt out for my collection too.

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post some pics of your collection, always keen to check out some King books!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

There is one on ebay now for BIN $25.95
GEOFF.U.K.

Post by GEOFF.U.K. »

:) ..Hi Fellas,
Thanks for that snippet of info....this is the first one I've ever seen listed...but then again, I've not been collection that long..!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-Stephen-Ki ... 589686e2dc

Also...any instructions as how to load photographs....like you are telling a five-year-old please!!! :oops: :)
Geoff.U.K.
AlexxKing69

Post by AlexxKing69 »

Its part of a set that (as far as I know) was released in 1996 at the same time as the books were released. I own the set and both books are first edition - first printings and the light came with the set but not the individual books.
onealone4

Post by onealone4 »

I have a double set of the Desperation/Regulators also but mine were just wrapped in plastic info on whether or not this is set worth anything im new here and new to collecting although I have been reading SK all my life. any help is appreciated .
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

onealone4 wrote:I have a double set of the Desperation/Regulators also but mine were just wrapped in plastic info on whether or not this is set worth anything im new here and new to collecting although I have been reading SK all my life. any help is appreciated .
They probably aren't worth more than if they were sold individually. I don't think any were issued in shrink wrap without the light. Yours were probably wrapped by someone along the way.

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

They ran out of night lights and added the DT IV chapbook instead.

There is a set on eBay now for BIN $29.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-De ... 2a43458354