Newer Dust Jackets

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
racerx45

Newer Dust Jackets

Post by racerx45 »

So I have been working on filling in my 1st/1st books and have run into a few less than honest sellers. The main issue is that the books in question have the correct full number lines but the dust jackets have no price. On one of those I have a third printing of that book and noticed the dust jack on that one has the correct price and looks to be the same as the other jacket. Can I switch these jackets out to make this a correct 1st/1st? The book is Bag of Bones so we are not talking high dollars here. Thanks,
Steve
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Newer Dust Jackets

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

racerx45 wrote:So I have been working on filling in my 1st/1st books and have run into a few less than honest sellers. The main issue is that the books in question have the correct full number lines but the dust jackets have no price. On one of those I have a third printing of that book and noticed the dust jack on that one has the correct price and looks to be the same as the other jacket. Can I switch these jackets out to make this a correct 1st/1st? The book is Bag of Bones so we are not talking high dollars here. Thanks,
Steve
Short answer, yes.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

What the sellers are probably doing is tossing the bad copy of the DJ and then replacing it with a good Book Club edition. Any time you see a DJ without a price it's a book club edition (which is pretty much worthless).

Most folks know all about that, but I'm mentioning it in case any newer collectors are reading this.
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

Thanks guys. I was not surprised at seeing a BC DJ on the book I was scratching my head at the 3rd printing book I have with what looks to be the correct DJ for a 1st printing. I am guessing that they are just printing the 2nd and 3rd run soon after the 1st and the price has not changed so it is the same DJ?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

racerx45 wrote:Thanks guys. I was not surprised at seeing a BC DJ on the book I was scratching my head at the 3rd printing book I have with what looks to be the correct DJ for a 1st printing. I am guessing that they are just printing the 2nd and 3rd run soon after the 1st and the price has not changed so it is the same DJ?
That is possible, though given the large print runs of Kings later books, unusual.

John