Dolores Claiborne Misprint Hardcover ends on page 247.

Any questions related to limited editions
Cope

Dolores Claiborne Misprint Hardcover ends on page 247.

Post by Cope »

SO I am a very avid reader of SK have bean always will be. I started reading his books at a young age and absolutly love them. to this day his stories can capture my imagination that nothing else can.

My question is this how much are misprinted SK books?

Many years ago i purchased a the hardcover book Dolores Claiborne and it abruptly ends at page 247. There are no tears or rips at the end, and it end mid sentence.

I have he cover and the ISBN is 0-670-84452-7
Below the barcode is 9 780670 844524

How much is this worth? Say maybe i get it signed then what would a buyer pay for it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Re: Dolores Claiborne Misprint Hardcover ends on page 247.

Post by jhanic »

Misprints of King's books aren't worth too much. They occur quite frequently, although I've never heard of one such as you describe. The most common seems to be when a duplication of signatures is bound. There is a small market for these oddities, though. You might put it up on eBay, if you want to sell it, to see what it would bring. King's signature is normally worth about $100-200.

According to my records, about 1.5 million copies of Dolores Claiborne were in the first printing. It is not a scarce item, and with that quantity, I'm not really surprised an error got released.

John
Cope

Post by Cope »

Wow thanks for the fast response. very helpfull.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

My pleasure, Cope. You might also want to check out http://www.TheDarkTower.com/palaver. It's one of the biggest Stephen King bulletin boards around, and there are lots of collectors there in the Calvin's Corner forum. (Tomas, if you don't want me to plug that site, just delete this!)

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

No worries John we're all friends :) and it IS a very good site.

Of course there's no reason to not come to me as well you can visit BOTH sites every day... Go ahead and bookmark mine while you're reminded to. For firefox users there's a great add-on called "Morning Coffee" that opens up whatever websites you want with one click. Make sure to add me in there... I do!
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

I visit both several times a day!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

As do I!

John