For sale very rare Salem's Lot s/l #44 in Red asking $3,000

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
mgerner214

For sale very rare Salem's Lot s/l #44 in Red asking $3,000

Post by mgerner214 »

Stephen King Salem’s Lot
This is number 44 of only 80 in Red.

This edition has been personally hand signed by Stephen King along with the illustrator Jerry Uelsmann.

One of the rarest signed Stephen King limited editions ever produced.
A rare signed limited edition that very few will own. Centipede Press 2004. Number 44 (signed in red) of only 80 signed and numbered copies. Printed on Mohawk Paper. Bound in exotic Japanese cloth with photos in a slipcase. Contains beautiful photos by Jerry Uelsmann. Probably the most elaborate limited edition of King's work ever published, and the smallest limitation of any of his books that have been offered for sale, as far as I am aware. A virtually impossible King title to locate or obtain.

Centipede Press (2004)
Publisher: 9" x 13" x 4.25"
Binding: Exotic Japanese cloth
Edition: Signed Limited First Edition
Condition: As New or mint.

This signed limited edition is a wonderful book for the Stephen King collector, and one that has already more than tripled in value from its original retail price. This book was published with the following production run:

• 600 unsigned copies, not numbered
• 300 limited edition copies signed/numbered 1-300 in black
• 80 limited edition copies signed/numbered 1-80 in red*
• 15 deluxe leather copies signed/numbered I-XV in black
• 10 deluxe leather copies signed/numbered I-X in red

Copies numbered 1 to 300 are for sale and numbered in Black. All other copies, numbered in Red are reserved for the Author, Photographer, and the Press.

Book Description: Centipede Press, (Wheat Ridge), 2004. First Edition. Published in an edition of 405 copies. Signed by King and Uelsmann. A huge and elaborate limited edition of his second novel, first published in 1975 and here issued in a deluxe edition that includes the text of the original novel, two short stories related to it that were originally published in King's collection Night Shift, over 50 pages of material deleted from the original version, and a short introduction and a 1999 afterword by the author.

Illustrated with seven full-page photographs by Jerry Uelsmann, an avant-garde photographer renowned for his photomontage, whose work is in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and many other institutions.

In addition to the novel, the volume includes two related short stories from Night Shift—"Jerusalem's Lot" and "One for the Road"—as well as King's introduction from the Pocket Books edition (printed as an afterward) and nearly fifty pages of deleted and modified scenes from the original manuscript, never before published, included at the back like deleted scenes on a DVD.

The photographs (300-line screen duotone) were taken by Jerry Uelsmann. The book was composed in Janson and Perpetua types. Text and illustrations were printed on Mohawk Superfine paper and special attention was given to the binding process as well. A black ribbon bookmark is bound in.

This is as fine as a limited edition as you're likely to see. The publisher went to great lengths to produce a volume that will only increase in value as the years go by. A great opportunity to own one of the greatest Stephen King collectible items on the market today!

Price: $3,000
Serious offer will be considered.
mgerner214

Re: For sale very rare Salem's Lot s/l #44 in Red asking $3,

Post by mgerner214 »

I just listed this on eBay but wanted you to know that the offer to this board still stands, thanks for your consideration.

eBay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301200666864?ss ... 1586.l2649
mgerner214

Post by mgerner214 »

Lowered to $2949...or best offer outside of eBay.
PM me if interested, thanks!
mgerner214

Post by mgerner214 »

SOLD
Thanks all...
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Congratulations, Michael! I wish I could have afforded to buy it.

John
mgerner214

Post by mgerner214 »

Thanks John! I also appreciated your feedback on the King Board, I am not sure where some of them are coming from, but hey I guess that's me.....:-)

Michael