Value questions

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Ga Outlaw

Value questions

Post by Ga Outlaw »

Just got back from my local book store. I was able to pick up 2 King books I have questions about.

The first is a 1st edition of the Tommyknockers. It is in great shape with one exception the gold lettering of SK's name has come off. how much does this effect the value? I payed $3.00.

The second is a copy of From a Buick 8. I need to know if it's a 1st edition. It's shrink wrapped and has a poster with it. Does the poster increase the value?
jhanic

Re: Value questions

Post by jhanic »

Ga Outlaw wrote:Just got back from my local book store. I was able to pick up 2 King books I have questions about.

The first is a 1st edition of the Tommyknockers. It is in great shape with one exception the gold lettering of SK's name has come off. how much does this effect the value? I payed $3.00.

The second is a copy of From a Buick 8. I need to know if it's a 1st edition. It's shrink wrapped and has a poster with it. Does the poster increase the value?
You did okay with the Tommyknockers, but the poster only came with the Book Club edition of Buick 8. The poster is neat, but the book is not collectible. (By the way, King's signature on the poster is a facsimile, not a real one.)

John
Ga Outlaw

Re: Value questions

Post by Ga Outlaw »

Thanks for your help. I also was able to purchase a copy of The Stand: American Nightmare hardcover still in the shrink wrap for $10.00.