Strange page coloring Tommyknockers 1st edition

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
TrueNorth

Re: Strange page coloring Tommyknockers 1st edition

Post by TrueNorth »

Meaning an as new Tommyknockers is worth around 20.00 while your book with different color pages is worth around 50.00 in my opinion. I have seen it sell for less and for around 50.00.

You can have mine for $40 and I will split shipping :D
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

Yes. Everything is based upon what someone would pay for it and what it sells for. I'm just saying I have seen the "errors" of Tommyknockers and Under the Dome go for the prices I mentioned. I don't know the exact amount of how many grey Under the Dome dust jackets are out there, but there are not that many. Then again.....Salem's Lot has an error of a dust jacket from way back when. Allegedly there are 4 of those dust jackets in existence and the dust jacket alone is worth around $40,000 to $50,000 dollars. So..........would you want that error of a dust jacket? I think anyone would :).

Sorry, but I already own Tommyknockers with the 2 tone pages.
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

I love that Salem's Lot story....gives our Tommyknockers hope LOL

Here is a short article I read on misprinted books.

http://www.emptymirrorbooks.com/collect ... books.html
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

We could talk back and forth forever and post articles for and against values based on errors or misprints. One thing I enjoy about the internet is information and being able to find things at the touch of a button. We aren't in school anymore, so where are we to learn about, well, anything besides the news or word of mouth if it weren't for the internet. Sure you can't believe everything you read, but it is nice to see what is out there. It all comes down to what will someone pay. I will say this. The only error I have heard of thus far from King is his book Tommyknockers.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/05/03/ ... ve-a-copy/
downs1418

Post by downs1418 »

As the person responsible for starting this debate, I find it amusing that it has gone to such lengths. All I wanted was to make sure that I hadn't bought some kind of trash copy of Tommyknockers that I would be laughed at for thinking was a true first printing, first edition. I am perfectly happy with my copy. Is my copy unique? Yes. Does the majority care? No.

As far as the debate as to whether "errors" are considered more valuable, I don't necessarily agree. Are there exceptions to the rule? Of course. But mine is not one of these rare exceptions. Typos, variant DJs, and the like are all quirks that go with book collecting. Most importantly, these errors don't detract from the content or art of the books which they are associated. (In my case, this isn't true; I have to look at ugly brown pages). If every first printing of a book contained an typo, would that be copy be considered even more valuable, I don't think so.

Enjoy your opinions and enjoy the debate. I'll just keep looking at my dirty brown pages.